Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Kind of a somber reminder of just how old we're getting.:eek:

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Indiana has some representation here....James Dean. The 50's culture certainly had an impact on his ol' stompin' grounds.

His home is just about 1.5 hours north of here, the town very much embraces him. In the fall (Usually during the CICO) Gas City and Marion Indiana has the "Ducktail Run" which celebrates the Car Culture --- and the 50's/60's are WELL represented.

According to one person I know, its been claimed 'Lil Bastard is back in the family's hands --- not sure I believe it, but her story was at least interesting...maybe someday it will be seen again.

Kevin likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

“Live wild, die young and leave a good looking corpse,” James Dean

Kevin likes this.
  4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I climbed Timms Hill again today and took this telephoto view of my house today. The tower is 3,694 feet away from my front deck.
    3DDFD79F-DEB4-4107-80D8-80D291106B04 by Tour 931 posted Oct 21, 2023 at 1:27 PM

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Beautiful home....

Speaking of beautiful, I'm jealous of the campers this weekend --- at least in Indiana. Breezy, but perfect temperatures today. I'm honestly jealous.

We started "prepping" for our next trip -- hopefully, we get a little of this. While we have had some down time, another week would be very nice. Talked to a friend, and I htin kI'll have one more "guys weekend" in November. Too far to tell, it all depends on weather.

I need to get a beverage or two, steaks, and probably a few canned goods. The nice part is, our destination is a 15 minute bike ride from the park --- Perhaps tomorrow I attempt to get the bike carrier...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
    Tour 931 likes this.
  6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

A beaut. Colors are perfect!

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Another glorious day here. 49-77 degrees, and sunny. Skies are a stunning azure blue...but oddly, the leaves are still green with only a 10% color...Oddly, my large maple has a 'Y' and only the one side is changing color --- the other is still green. Weird.

We're still prepping for our trip -- Since we'll be gone for a full week and two weekends, I'm struggling to figure out what to tell my parents. Both have dementia. Mom is pretty bad...she remembers just a few seconds at a time now. Dad is better, but only a hour or two with extreme confusion about people and relationships. When we travel for a weekend, I can "sneak out" by telling him I am working on a large project then (as always) keeping in phone contact. But 9 days is going to be difficult.

Lastly, my jeep has been acting badly. The jeep guy (All he works on his jeeps) said he thought the engine sounded good --- we're going to focus on the flex plate. When did these stop being flywheels? He even had one in stock. So, hopefully I hear from him in the next couple days. If not, old reliable, the subi, will be our chariot.

Kevin likes this.
  8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Sorry about your folks. They have been flex plates for 40 years.

Kevin likes this.
  9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

F/A-18's are buzzing the house. Blue Angels are in town. I assume today is VIP day, as they are doing repeated passes and I'm a quite a ways away from 'the box'

Yup --- its Airshow weekend. The sponsors have decided its worth $150 to park your car....PLUS...admission to the show.

You can't walk in. Guess where I'd love to be....but wont' be this weekend. BUT, I am going to be traveling a little bit....may not be around much. Enjoy the silence :D

Kevin and Van_and_Terri like this.
  10. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Alice received some solar lights today. It’s amazing how bright they are on bright. At 30% power they will last all night even on a long winter night.
    9D69E2F4-C689-4309-9AAA-BF1F672633B6 by Tour 931 posted Oct 26, 2023 at 5:39 PM

dustinp, Ken & Peggy and Kevin like this.
  11. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Another view a few hours later.
    4A2D0387-EF89-4EEA-9476-D52D1D3688C3 by Tour 931 posted Oct 26, 2023 at 5:43 PM

dustinp, Kevin and Sweeney like this.
  12. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Spooky!

13. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It is that time of year.

14. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Somehow that tractor makes me think of this...

Attached Files:

dustinp and Tour 931 like this.
  15. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It’s 15F and sunny this morning. Glad I winterized both trailers. The remote sensors tell me it’s 27F in the garage and 42F in my class A motor home. I have it set at 42F so it warms up quickly. I use it as a game room for watching football.

Time for tea. This morning it will be Oolong.

Kevin and dustinp like this.
  16. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Nice game room! We're in Munich but were still able to enjoy the Vikings/Packers game last evening (7pm start here) via our Tablo DVR, which allows you to connect remotely and watch either recordings, or live broadcasts. Still a little warmer here (50's-60's), but I winterized the CI before we left, so should be safe.

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  17. Ken & Peggy

Enjoy your time in Munchen!

dustinp likes this.
  18. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Thanks. It sure wasn’t much of a fun game to watch.

19. Ken & Peggy

Took a bit of the sting out of the Lackluster Bear's play... ;)

Tour 931 likes this.
  20. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I had 23 trick or treaters last night. Three neighbors helped me with four different kids games like a bean toss ancs after successfully completing a game each kid would get a stamp. After four stamps they would receive a quart sized freezer bag stuffed with candy.
    41198D04-CBBD-4BF8-A507-5232BA9B045B by Tour 931 posted Nov 1, 2023 at 6:10 AM
    4BA1380C-3654-48A2-8BEA-7A2E88583643 by Tour 931 posted Nov 1, 2023 at 6:02 AM
    982F1E72-4116-4C5B-A1CF-4F5694398334 by Tour 931 posted Nov 1, 2023 at 6:02 AM

dustinp, Kevin and Van_and_Terri like this.