Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

LOL --- Not posted no tresspassing --- good luck :) LOL

2. Our family had a great visit there a few years back. We are collecting the highest point in all 50 States. Getting the easy ones first ;)

Enjoyed a great fall view and the biggest flapjack of our lives nearby.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    dustinp likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

The flapjacks are at the High Point Village also known as the Hill of Beans.

Andrew Cushingham and Kevin like this.
  4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

LOL! Why do, whenever I hear the word "Flapjacks", think of "Groundhog Day" --- great movie

Kevin, dougbee and Tour 931 like this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It rained for 30 hours straight and we received about an inch of rain. Time to finish cleaning out the garage and get ready for my camping trip next week.

dougbee and Kevin like this.
  6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

T-minus 48 hours to blastoff for a short three night trip to Nebraska.
    CF29D569-B0A3-41B4-B68D-47193BF52CF1 by Tour 931 posted Oct 14, 2023 at 9:14 AM

Cary Winch, Sweeney, dustinp and 3 others like this.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

My weekend got cancelled. Stuff came up at home, and it rained pretty much non-stop Saturday :(

1 scheduled trip left...and with my Dad getting a cancer diagnosis recently, I'm not sure we'll even be able to do that. I'll still take the week, but probably stay local for a night or two instead.

8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I left Ogema about three hours ago.
    5F27FD80-0B39-4DAA-9CFC-061AC37F3C83 by Tour 931 posted Oct 16, 2023 at 8:49 AM
    First stop is at the first exit going west into MN along I-94.
    93DD0625-B91C-458E-A4F7-E128310104A5 by Tour 931 posted Oct 16, 2023 at 8:49 AM

I’ve averaged 19.4 mph for the 156 miles going 60 in a 70 zone. Traffic has been light.

Kevin, Sweeney and dustinp like this.
  9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Looks like a great start to a trip.

Omega MN, population 208
    Salute!

Kevin likes this.
  10. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Ogema, WI. Population 882. Actually that is how many people that are in the zip code. The actual population of the unincorporated town is about 20. Price county has about 12 people per square mile. It is very rural.

dustinp and Kevin like this.
  11. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

My number just came from the google search and a historical census from Wikipedia. I've seen that sign somewhere before --- perhaps some one on this group...dunno. The sign is remarkably well-maintained for a town this small...

Is there some museum or point of interest in the area?

12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

There is absolutely nothing going on in Ogema, WI and that’s the way we like it.

Kevin and dustinp like this.
  13. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Stand on one leg and wave back.
    0DEC5242-770C-49AD-86BC-9BD6E13840CB by Tour 931 posted Oct 17, 2023 at 7:11 AM

Sweeney, Kevin and dustinp like this.
  14. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

LOL!!!!! THATS where we went wrong! I found Omega Minnesota! The other big city ;)

22 miles to Virgils barbershop huh - It sounds like he needs some competition ;)

Tour 931 and Kevin like this.
  15. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I arrived at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake , IA right at dusk. It was closed but I stayed long enough to take a picture.
    74C0BF3C-D07F-4579-A859-A834CB58F937 by Tour 931 posted Oct 18, 2023 at 5:02 PM

16. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Bye bye Ms American pie...I love visiting places like this, even if its only for a quick photo.

I took a philosophy class in college ... I have NO idea how this topic classifies as "philosophy 101"... I'd expect a discussion of "4 causes", or a historical introduction to Aquinas. I don't think I got my moneys worth.

That said, my professor thought it important enough to spend, what I remember, 2 or maybe 3 lectures analyzing the lyrics of this song. Line by line...

I'm sure this is more common knowledge amongst "our" age group now, but then it was all new to me. The bright-eyed 19-year-old who thought he knew everything. Link here if you haven't been exposed to this...

Tour 931 and Kevin like this.
  17. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Thanks Sweeney for this...endless rabbit holes to explore!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    Sweeney likes this.
  18. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

You got a good eye, Tour.
    I love these places and pieces of Americana...

Sweeney and Tour 931 like this.
  19. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Which is verse 6 -- the deleted verse? Since my class, I have listened to this song completely differently than most. Generally, I find instrumentation more interesting. Looking at the happenings in Laurel Canyon and ... yah, interesting, to say the least.

Some have taken the demonic suggestions of the concert at Altamont further than McClain did... when speaking of satan is talking about Jagger. Some have suggested the murder was quite literally sacrificial in nature. I'm not entirely sure I go that far. BUt seriously -- who would hire a motorcycle gang as security. Interesting side note, apparently it was a young George Lucas who was working the camera that day....

Kevin likes this.
  20. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

The Buddy Holly Museum in Lubbock, TX closed a few years ago because of lack of interest. Seems too many people old enough to remember 1959 are dead and the young people aren’t interested in it’s history

Kevin likes this.