Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I haven’t watched the convention. My doctor told me not to watch the news. I follow the markets and sports scores and that’s it.

Kevin and dustinp like this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Thats a good start. I think you are more serious about maintenance and upkeep than most, I see a lot sitting on the roadside rotting.

Your accommodations tell the story....

Kevin likes this.
  3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

No unfortunately. The fires shut down the park and burned about 30% of the town from what I heard. Hopefully they can recover from this devastating event quickly. We'll have to wait for another time.

Tomorrow is Lake Louise and Morraine Lake, which everyone is excited to see:)

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  4. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I was at Lake Louise in 1979. I will never forget the beauty of it.

Kevin and Ken & Peggy like this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I have given it a good home. It sits closer to my shop and I walk by it all the time. Being closer I use it as a coffee house and since I don’t have a tv in the house I’ll watch baseball and football in it.
    0E2D4B15-8DCF-461F-8800-61B24108AC6C by Tour 931 posted Aug 24, 2024 at 4:42 AM
    Go Packers!
    6BBCDC1F-F05A-4E97-A0FB-08FF02BAB15A by Tour 931 posted Aug 24, 2024 at 5:22 AM
    It has 50 amps of 220v and it’s own 500 gallon propane tank.
    64F0F8CC-0E46-4A2E-9A39-63D61875BF87 by Tour 931 posted Aug 24, 2024 at 4:42 AM

Most mornings I come out here and have my first cup of coffee.
    F2D4A083-0E48-4656-A063-E4288AFE1B4D by Tour 931 posted Aug 24, 2024 at 4:42 AM

It really looks nice at night.
    1CCA9AC8-8790-40E3-9556-5A30F6874929 by Tour 931 posted Aug 24, 2024 at 4:42 AM

It’s not really my traveling style and if I sold it I would take a huge loss. Couple that with the fact that I would have to remodel the house if I didn’t have it and that would cost me twice as much.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
    Ken & Peggy and dustinp like this.
  6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Yeah, that's a happy life. :) I know your home is a lot smaller than the photos make it seems. I assume the propane tank feeds the rig?

You've got a great decorator's eye, and the nice part is that it all looks very low-maintenance!

We "lost control" of our yard this year. We have "the bee yard," which is just a corner of our lot that we let go crazy. Biggest mistake ever. Our hive was there, but when they absconded it was too late to restart a colony, nor did we have time. Well, what was supposed to be wildflowers sounds nice, until you realize that is another way of saying "weeds" and "Seed generator"

The thistle that took hold is the worst.

I'm looking for a high schooler that love horticulture to come in and help clean it out.

Kevin likes this.
  7. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Yes it feeds just the diesel pusher. I have three 1,000 tanks for the house.
    9200BE19-CE29-4A05-A5DA-78B441FB1B3D by Tour 931 posted Aug 24, 2024 at 7:05 AM

The house is only 1,750 sf which is a lot smaller than my 3,450 sf house in Seattle which I sold to move here.
    B44DD245-D958-49B0-B94B-9F86F82C9630 by Tour 931 posted Aug 24, 2024 at 7:05 AM
    It’s small but I live alone so it’s plenty big for me although the motor home adds a lot of living space. It makes a great guest room and is away from the main house so they have their own privacy. I winterize it in the winter so they do have to walk 35 yards to use the bathroom.

I added a 30x50’ garage/shop which really gives me more space. There is also a 24x36’ garage down by the house.
    3D25E056-785C-4B08-8757-3AFEE120B73B by Tour 931 posted Aug 24, 2024 at 7:16 AM

I would love to be a beekeeper. I have plenty around. They seem to like my flowers.

Kevin, Randy and dustinp like this.
  8. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Wow, that is a lot of LP storage capacity!

Kevin likes this.
  9. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It should last me 3-4 years although I plan on topping off each summer.

10. Ken & Peggy

A few from today, at Lake Louise & Moraine Lake. Just incredibly beautiful places to see, preferably in person ;)

Lake Louise

Moraine Lake

Kevin, dustinp, Randy and 2 others like this.
  11. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

wow those are gorgeous!

Kevin likes this.
  12. We were in the Banff/Jasper area in 1987 and 2003. It is too bad about the fires. I always felt that the further north you went, the more spectacular it was.

Kevin likes this.
  13. Ken & Peggy

Thanks - the thing about this area to me is that no matter which direction you turn you're faced with these incredible views, you're right in the middle of it all!

Kevin likes this.
  14. Ken & Peggy

We hoped to get a bit farther north along Trans Canadian 1, but vacationing with grandkids means we adapt, so that will have to wait. We're already talking about getting back to see Jasper when that can be done. This has been a great time that we'll all hopefully remember as a trip we'd repeat ;)

15. It is an incredible place to see. Safe travels and watch out for all the moose.

Kevin likes this.
  16. dustinp

Ya, I was speaking from my own personal experience, and your doctors recommendation is probably a good one.:)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2024
    Kevin likes this.
  17. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

The high today is going to be 86 with high humidity. Inside the house it will be 72 with humidity around 30%. I’m getting my shop spray foamed with insulation today. Glad I’m not doing it as it at least 20 degrees warmer in it and closer to 40 degrees near the ceiling. The good part is once it’s done it’s expected to keep it a lot cooler.

Film at eleven.

Kevin, Ken & Peggy and dustinp like this.
  18. dustinp

High humidity for sure!Something we rarely see was apparent this morning as what looks like fog, was actually the condensation that formed on the outside of our windows from the 72 degree inside temp being transferred through the windows. The airport is reporting a dew point of 74 right now which is considered oppressive.

Attached Files:

Kevin, Ken & Peggy and Tour 931 like this.
  19. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

My thermometer in the shade is reading 94F and 54% rh. It’s mostly high overcast.

20. Ken & Peggy

When we landed in Chicago this evening our house temp read 88° with 56% humidity. I turned the A/C on and by the time we got home about an hour later it had cooled to only 86. But felt okay as it wasn't humid. By morning we'll be nice and cool, ready for the hot stuff tomorrow

dustinp, Kevin and Tour 931 like this.