Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It’s sure been cold for being August. The other night the low was 46 and sometimes it does even get to the 70’s in the day.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Send a bit of that our way...

Tour 931 likes this.
  3. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Agreed! Our low this week was 76 degrees.

Ken & Peggy and Tour 931 like this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Its been warm down south.

Attached Files:

Randy likes this.
  5. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Morning’s sunrise at Flagler Beach, FL.

Attached Files:

Sweeney, Tour 931, Kevin and 3 others like this.
  6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I don 'tknow how much room there is, but you might try a tile - ceramic. It should even out the heat -- will take longer to come up to temperature, but the "thermal mass' should help a lot.

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Lots of camp sites open this week, but just no time to go! This whole job thing is severely limiting my camping career!

Our new manager is pleasant enough, but he inherited a messy situation just a few months before I joined. There's a clear lack of experience among the previous staff, leading to inconsistency in processes and practices across different locations. While the customer base is small, there's potential for significant growth, which is exciting. However, we're currently in a challenging phase of building things up -- or the "slog"

I hope to finish that job Monday I hope, with 1 customer to do, our biggest, with hundreds of devices. Fortunately, they did a good job with this one....only one correctable mistake so far.

Next weekend, though, I'm off to a park for a gathering. I hope it's a cool, dry weekend like I had last weekend. The 50s and 70s with clear skies are definitely something I'd like to figure out how to store in the pantry!

I miss the chatter wit y'all -- but after 10 hour days, I come home and the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a screen.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
    Kevin, Tour 931 and dougbee like this.
  8. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I grew up in a power WWII "boom" neighborhood. No, not explosions but populations. When the GIs came home, these homes were "suburban dreams." My neighbor's home, which was a usual play location, had this odd piece of equipment stuck in the corner, which I eventually found out was a garbage incinerator. Apparently, at some point, it was thought smart to burn your home waste rather than take it to the curb.

With the amount of cardboard we get today, I sometimes wonder if it isn't a bad idea, as having the weekly drive of shame to the recycler and back simply because the recycle bin was full to the rails. Meaning another trip the next day, with even more boxes than the day before.

I never thought of anything like this for an RV... to be honest, I'm still a little frightened by it.

But apparently, at some point...it was a thing. I wouldn't want to follow one of these while the system was engaged...

GMC Made a Motorhome That Pumped Sewage Through Its Exhaust on Purpose

9. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

My class A is parked in my RVport for most likely the rest of its life. I doubt I will ever take it anywhere and instead use it as a spare bedroom and TV room. It’s under cover and should last a long time there. This leaves me with little options of dumping the grey and black tanks. Grey isn’t really a problem and I’m limiting the number 2 bathroom use. Meaning it’s okay to pee but not poop. The house is close enough for that. When the tanks are full I plan on dumping them into the hay field on a bright sunshine day. The ultraviolet light should kill anything in the discharge.

I live in a very rural area and should be able to do it safely. It’s better than a pit toilet that buts everything into the ground where bacteria can live for decades.

Kevin likes this.
  10. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Tonight’s Super Blue Moon tonight at Flagler Beach, FL.

Attached Files:

Sweeney, Tour 931, dustinp and 2 others like this.
  11. Ken & Peggy

Beautiful

Kevin likes this.
  12. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

sorry to hear that --- part of me hates to see RV's just sit :( Do your estate a favor though -- drive it some or at least exercise the engine. Sitting will >kill< a vehicle faster much faster than one that is used.

You could always get one of the incinerators that GMC put in theirs, except you have to be moving 35mph and the engine has to be hot...so it wouldn't work. Seriously, what evil genius thought about putting raw sewage into the exhaust system....

Kevin likes this.
  13. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I run both the chassis engine and diesel generator about once a month. I could sell it but then would have to do a remodel on the house. I’m not going to pay the expenses of license and insurance just to take it around the block. Plus I have tire expenses if I drive it. The most sense is to just leave it where it is and protect it from the elements and critters.

Kevin likes this.
  14. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I think this is the latest I’ve sleep-in in years. I usually get up between 5 and 6 and it’s now 7:40.

Kevin, dustinp and Ken & Peggy like this.
  15. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Too much convention watching will do that to ya.;)

16. Ken & Peggy

We're spending 5 days in Banff National Park with our daughter, sil, and 2 grandkids. Flew into Calgary and are staying in a cabin near some great hiking. Peg & I have talked about this for years, and it took 10 yr old Max to suggest it and here we are. Absolutely gorgeous!

Downtown Banff
    Bow River

Kevin, Tour 931, Randy and 1 other person like this.
  17. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

We were there about 20yrs ago, and going by your pics, it's just as beautiful as we remember.
    Thanks for the re-memories!

Kevin and Ken & Peggy like this.
  18. Ken & Peggy

This seems to be one of those places where you could spend a couple months exploring to feel like you've begun to get a handle on the area.

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  19. Carl U

Carl U Junior Ranger

It must have been the rain last night that will lullaby any one.

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  20. Carl U

Carl U Junior Ranger

So true of many places. Did you get to Jasper? I think they had some wildfires?

Banf / Jasper is on our bucket list probably on the way to Alaska .

Kevin and Ken & Peggy like this.