Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I still play with trains.
    9C9919F7-324F-4F44-8375-8DC7C60BF208 by Tour 931 posted Feb 1, 2024 at 6:04 AM

Ken & Peggy, dustinp and Kevin like this.
  2. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I had a Marantz amp just like the one on your lower left shelf in the pic. I gave it to a friend last year before realizing that it is collectible.

Kevin likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

They are quite collectible. Mine powere a pair of ADS speakers and really has a nice warm sound.

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Ain't that always the way? I've always been a Harmon Kardon fan myself. My kick, is that I sold my Nakamichi Dragon. Flawless...that I picked up for a song back in the day. Those are worth thousands now. :( The Citation 19 is my next "kick" however, those are still available for prices that are not too ridiculous. I can't justify the expense since my hearing has been chewed up by too many Cessna Citations :) My hearing is shot!

Nice rotator control there too! My parents had one sitting next to their big console -- we used to swing a gigantic antenna to pick up channel 2, 9, 11 and 32 out of Chicago....

5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Nice eye seeing it on the shelf and knowing what it was.

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

That is a beautiful collection...Being a ham radio operator and a child of the 1970's when aerial antennas (Radio Shack VU-190 to really show my age) were needed when you only had the 3 big networks, PBS, and a local religious channel....we then got WGN before they were a "superchannel" and 32 (WFLD) before "Fox"

I miss WGN and WFLD, the latter of which was home to Richard Koz -- who is STILL on the air today. He's much better known as Svenzoolie, or Son of Svengooli as I knew him. WGN, was know mostly for Bob Bell. Better Known as Bozo.

ITS FRIDAY!!!! Which means I'm thinking of camping. I was going to go --- but it appears I finally killed my Lead Acid battery!!! Seriously, no kidding. Apparently, 24 months and 3 dead flats are the magic number.

Just last week I called up Cary and had him sent me an upgraded charger. I took pictures and will be writing a post about what the upgrade was like. It's done, it's in. I need to write it up.

I filled out the form now a couple of times asking for price and availability on the battery. I hope your experience is better than mine if you decide to upgrade. I emailed and web form contacted reseller a couple of times to get the specific battery CampInn has tested. Today, in light of the dead battery situation I drove up to the address...

First, there's no sign -- the only reason I knew it was the right place was the big "Exide" trucks parked outside. Going inside (A whole story in itself) I found a human who said that this was just a distribution center, but there was a retail outlet...same building fortunately.

The girl at the desk looked and they did not have them in stock -- asked where the closest was and was told it was in Jacksonville. The next obvious question that I asked was "Can you order it?" She said that she thought they would want me to pay shipping. What?

Sincerely --- I know they will never get rich selling batteries to individuals like us --- but if you don't want to do retail sales, then set up a distribution and get out of that side of the business....

I dont' know what I'm going to do now --- I may just buy a jackery and a lead acid....

dustinp and Kevin like this.
  7. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It hit 52F yesterday and felt even warmer in the sun. It’s almost shorts time.

dustinp likes this.
  8. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    dustinp likes this.
  9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

10. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Keep your eyes peeled for spam. It's been a full-time job lately swatting them away...

Kevin likes this.
  11. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

I've noted a surge of stuff getting through the gmail filters the last few days too. Been marking them as spam, and it has slowed today, but not gone away yet.

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  12. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Same here on a web site I'm in the process of setting up -- it isn't even live and in the search engines yet - and I'm getting blasted.

13. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Sorry Sweeney- thats a link to Weather Channel from within the app, one of their videos...may not work without the app.

Ken and Peggy; thanks you for unsung mod hero work helping the web admin here...

I wonder if the spammers and webcrawl spider-code makers are combining AI to autogenerate content...as spam?

hmmm.

In conversation: Bruce Schneier on AI-powered mass spying | Malwarebytes

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  14. Ken & Peggy

IDK, but they're working overtime here lately. And we're trying to get some snorkeling and whale watching done... no respect.

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  15. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I was just curious: what country was he coming from? US and Germany are the 'heavy hitters' I see...

I am expecting to see certain countries, recently, my sites have been hit from odd places I wouldn't expect...right here at home, and countries that have been a problem in the past have fallen way off. Its all probably coming through VPNs -- that's a topic you don't want me to get started on.

Kevin likes this.
  16. Ken & Peggy

A lot coming from Russia and Ukraine, but also a bunch with Gmail addresses. Many obvious foreign providers,etc.

Kevin likes this.
  17. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I saw Russian addresses for a while -- that seems to have slowed.

18. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

We had a skip of snow overnight. We should have two feet on the ground and barely have any.

Kevin likes this.
  19. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing.

We've been kissing 60 for the last couple days. I just emptied the gasoline from the snowblower, I got to use it once this winter and the forecast has cold in it --- but not snow. Also (sadly) once we get to the end of February its usually ice, not snow. I can live without that entirely.

This weekend will probably break the warm weather for a while --- the highs for the rest of the month will be near 40-45. Then, March, when all bets are off.

Kevin likes this.
  20. Kevin

Kevin Ranger