Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Martin

Martin Guest

It's getting much colder now, so we need to stock up on heat and keep warm.

2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Our temps bounced back...but the trend is definitely goin' down! We're still not consistently below freezing at night, but 3 weeks it will be a nightly occurrence. Looks like this weekend will be the last of the 60's and 70's...

Kevin likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I’m heading south for the ice age. Or at least part of it. Look me up next spring.

Sweeney and Kevin like this.
  4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

The sun is rising further and further to the south each morning. I’m heading into town in a bit for a store bought latte.
    FB9E5BA9-10F6-49FB-B1B1-2223F234612F by Tour 931 posted Oct 28, 2022 at 5:59 AM

JohnC, Kevin and dustinp like this.
  5. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

I think I would make my own, and just sit there looking at that beautiful view!

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I’m out of milk!

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!

There would be tears and gnashing of teeth.

I've taken today off work -- I intended to go to my campsite 1 day early, but wisely checked the site and it was reserved last night along with 100% of the 400+ site campground. O bother. I'll be leaving here in an hour or so, check-in officially begins at 2pm. I decided to go to my reserved spot rather than the "quieter" spot at a non-electric site I discovered.

Regarless, T-50 minutes until I depart. The last official planned trip of the year. From here on out, I expect 2-3 more trips....but those will be purely last minute.

Tour 931 and Kevin like this.
  8. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

*Gasp! :eek:

My dear man, you now live in America's Dairyland state. No one in the Dairyland state ever ADMITS to being out of milk (or butter or cheese)...I believe it is a felony!

Oh, and speaking of butter and cheese, you are also required to have 7-10 lbs of real butter in your fridge/freezer (we have 8; half salted, half unsalted) and a cheese drawer in your refrigerator with no less than 5 types of cheese (let's just say we have more than 5 in our cheese drawer and leave it at that... :cool:). And processed cheese :eek: does NOT count as one of them!

However, when you move here, you are allowed a grace period of 2 years for compliance...the clock is ticking! ;)

9. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

I thought every house in Wisconsin automatically came with two complementary dairy cows for out of state buyers. No?

10. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Kind of like Zucchini in Indiana? You can't drive with your windows open when they are in season. They will just appear in the passenger seats, and your office cubicle.

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  11. campdude

campdude Ranger

dustinp likes this.
  12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Kevin likes this.
  13. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

14. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

But with an avatar of Dilbert…perhaps your personality aligns more with Pinky?

…..

Some days I crack myself up.

15. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Thanks all part of the master plan...

Cary Winch likes this.
  16. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Well, today was interesting.

For the first time since March 2020 -- I went into the office. I've worked for the company for over 20 years, and have in that time, probably spent more conscious hours than I have in my own home. The entire northwest side of the city has changed dramatically with new construction and traffic changes. I got lost because so much had changed.

Once I got to the office it was the absolute most surreal day of my career -- it felt like my first day. The building I called home in 2020 is still there but is closed off. And the building across the street that used to house my cafeteria was sold and belongs to another company entirely.

I won't make that mistake again for a little while. Though, it was slightly refreshing to see a few friends....

17. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I retired in October of 2003. It’s been almost 20 years. I went back once to pick up my final paycheck.

Kevin likes this.
  18. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I'm sure that was similar. In July 2020, a few months after we were sent home, they had us clean our desks -- they are demoing the building. It's still there ironically. But walking in and out that day knowing I'd never get back into it was similarly unusual, and probably closer to your last day.

By the time my day came to and end yesterday, things were 90% of the way "back to normal" feeling -- I didn't feel like a stranger in a strange land. But walking onto campus -- wow -- that was something else.

I have to admit I am ready to go back although I can maintain a hybrid situation -- comeing in a couple of days as needed. The reality is working remotely saves me so much money. Not to mention 80 minutes a day in the car.

19. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Another day in paradise! The view from my living/dinning room ten minutes before sunrise.
    E7472E7B-DBA7-4B3D-B416-E6157B6DAF1E by Tour 931 posted Nov 3, 2022 at 5:46 AM

Gary & Janine, Randy, Kevin and 2 others like this.
  20. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I’m retiring 2/1/2023 after flying for 45 years. Already filling my calendar with camping reservations. Our 560 will not be ready until September of 2023, but will utilize our Escape 21C until then.

Kevin, JohnC, dustinp and 1 other person like this.