Franks OTRA - Where's Frank-O now....

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by fpoole, Jul 25, 2013.

1. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Oh Frank, I don't think you get done.
    The springy thang has a plastic coating making it look larger. The coating it bright red. A good reminder to hook it up.

2. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Heh Frank, that picture of your galley sure made me thirsty! Dizzy and crew are camped at Refugio Beach SP in Santa Barbara County, temps in the 70s and no rain for 10 days out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are plenty of sites available on a first come first serve basis...I checked google maps...Refugio Beach is a 16 hour drive from Kent WA... when can we expect you?

Michael

3. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheh, I love Santa Barbara... used to do the "Crab Cooker" right at the pier... probably gone now, but spent some times there.. the blue roofed resort south of there and of course the "Hilton or Biltmore? (fergit now)" on the beach... nice, but $$$$
    and the Santa Maria/Solvang valley in the spring time, so green..

If I didn't hate Calif and especially So Cal I'd run down there.. that blue sky?? huh, what is that stuff.. heheh..

My ride to Calif is solely for the Red woods.. and then back up..

Trying to figure it out now, but will probably just head down and look for places on the way. The benefits of "Off Season" aks "My Season" camping...

Stay warm down there really like your set up... see ya on the road...

[​IMG]

Rum Punch time... heheh

fun...

4. fpoole

Silver Falls, Oregon = Water Falls - 3 nights.

[​IMG]

Great Trip and will go back for the rest of them.
    "PPP" on my part and "Out of Shape" helped make a 2nd trip and more, necessary. Park is huge, but would NOT go in Summer time due to "BKT"s Water was on for some sites, apx 9 mi hike to do all 10 falls. It was more of an exploratory trip and will "Plan" better for next time. Good to get "Le Droppe" out again and out of the house.
    Fun

Gallery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fun...

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

It is so great to follow your travels!! Keep those beautiful photos coming too!

6. pbaker2225

You find such beautiful places. I think I just want to follow you around. I haven't been out yet. The weather is beautiful but lots of work to do around here. I started working up a field last fall and got stopped by the weather. It has been plowed and will try to disc today. May still be too wet.
    Nine miles is a little far for me to hike with this darn tendonitis in my heel.
    Mom had her 95th birthday and had to have gallbladder surgery three weeks ago. She is recovering nicely and has even been out in the yard pulling a few weeds. Amazing woman.

7. fpoole

Thanks D&M, it gives me something to do, taking pics... and I like to share what the trip was like for those that might want to go there..

Pat:
    Whew, mann, you wore me out just thinking of the things you are doing... the walk/hike is a long one which was one of the reason I cut it short, but there are shortcuts that can be taken....

I didn't really didn't plan very well, PPP, water, day-backpack and hex nut on tripod were all happening at the same time so it just gives me an excuse to go back and do it right..

I just now realized why the park was booked up, 3-day weekend with sun... Doh!!!..

Biggest problem with Retirement is not paying attention to the 3-day weekends, crowds etc..

8. fpoole

Ok, finally got out here.

[​IMG]

Prineville Resevoir SP, Oregon.. Wow....

blew me away... sweet place. One of the top 5 parks if not the first... Lake, juniper trees? smells clouds and nice spots, then the sun came out.. simple had to stop setting up, grab a beer and sit my self down to take it all in.

Nice-nice place when not crowded..

This will be "Le Droppe's" last trip with me...

[​IMG]

once back, taking her to get detailed and then find a new home for her. She's been a real treat and luv the hell outta her, but time to move on to the next level, thanks Michael.. heheh... geesh...

I'm just glad she was able to take this trip... I'll be able to keep; the memory... as will she...

Pics to follow...

9. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Frank,
    At least you know the priorities, enjoy the scenery, set up can always wait a few minutes...... Please stay active in this forum, I love your pictures and postings.

Jean

10. fpoole

Thanks Jean,
    I'll be posting her next week, figure give the 'peeps' here a week to take a look if anyone here might be interested and then on Craig's list... so moving right along.. it would seem...

I figure I can deliver halfway up to 1000 mi... if they're from a distance...

11. pbaker2225

Oh Frank, that makes me sad, but I can't wait to see pictures of the next outfit. Have fun.

12. fpoole

Thanks Pat, sad on this end too... had some great memories... and this will be a great "Transition Memory Trip"... John Day, OR and then up some unbeaten hwy... just cause.. hehehheh...

fun..

13. michaelo

michaelo Novice

These little Camp-Inn trailers are really very special, aren't they? They get you into sites that the big rigs can't fit but with most of the comforts of home so you can really enjoy the outdoors. They are so small and easy to tow that it's no big thing to criss cross this magnificent country of ours. They are so beautifully made that using them is pure joy. So when it comes time to sell your baby that you've named and showered with accessories and improvements, well it can be tough, it gets downright emotional...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...Susan and I have camped in the company of Le Droppe on three separate occasions and heck we're gonna miss her, she's such a sweetie what with her cool nose art and all.

I'm almost certain that we'll camp again together in the future Frank, each of us in our new rigs, it just won't be as special.

Michael

14. fpoole

Thanks Michael,
    Good words just about says it all...
    and let me add the 4000 words to help cover it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fun eh?..... heheh..
    and will meet up again for sure, no doubt about it.. I still have a little of that "Antler Stuff that Jose' brought...heheh" one shot at at time eh?

(decals will be moved over to new rig along with one for it, "Foxy" for the Arctic Fox Camper.. and you know how that's going to turn out..hehheh)

15. pbaker2225

I love my little trailer. I couldn't have gotten this quality in a bigger trailer for the money. Mine did end up costing more than I intended by the time I got all of the accessories and options.
    I was really apprehensive about towing so this is the perfect starter trailer to learn about towing. It tows like a dream.
    I love being outside doing the cooking, but not always. LOL. If I found something else that fit my lifestyle and felt comfortable towing I would go for it. For right now this is perfect for me.
    It would be great to see Michael and Frank at Mossy Rock and get a tour of their new outfits.

16. fpoole

Yep, yep and yep... agree Pat....

I won't have it until end of year so I'll catch up on the roads...
    Stay tuned...

17. pbaker2225

Well, I guess you will have to show up at Mossy Rock in a tent like I did before getting my trailer. I'll bring you a cot tent. LOL

18. fpoole

yeah, tent camping.... Riiiiightttt...
    Heheheh, don't hold your breath...

I HATE tent camping... Have tent/cot, won't travel...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heheh, been there, done that and not planning on doing it again... thus, the camper....

19. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Frank,
    It's with mixed feelings I write this, because I've so enjoyed all your posts and pictures. There's been times when I've thought, 'how much fun it would be to go teardrop camping with this guy.' The Artic Fox is pretty cool though, and I can appreciate the need or desire for change. Please stay active on the forum because you'd be missed! Love your pictures, your sense of humor, and your appreciation for the outdoors.
    As they say, Camp On!

20. fpoole

Heheh, thanks Deb? appreciate the kind word...

It's been fun, but the "Spirit" and, A-hem, the blenders will still be "On the road"..

It's mainly due to the type of camping with the buggies they tend to go to the desert, remote areas and the wind/dust/rain combo is hard to stay "enthusiastic" about. Plus, I might go "Full time" not anything like the brave souls of Bear and Jenn.. but along the same mind set.

With the AF, Buggies and enclosed trailer, I'll be "Foot loose & Fancy Free"...(never understood the 'Fancy' part).. but I'll be out there and if "OK" will keep posting here, just with "Le Droppes"Child... Foxy... hehheh, and Gawd only knows what that "Lovely Ladle" decal will turn out to be...

Fun..
    and good memories... it's the only thing they can't take away...
    thanks...