Franks OTRA - Where's Frank-O now....

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by fpoole, Jul 25, 2013.

1. birder526

birder526 Novice

What a beautiful spot! Love that you stopped setting up to take in the beauty around you! Like Jean said...priorities! Will continue to look forward to your posts and photos! I gather from this forum, once a teardropper, always a teardropper!

2. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Can't wait to see the "Foxy" decal!

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Ok, now you have the Lad in tears (and not teardrops). First, no Katie this year, and now no Frank? He is starting to think this whole Mossyrock thing might not be as fun! We are going to miss you so you will have to come in your new rig when you have it. I know he is a kid, but you have a fan.

Hope to keep up with you on the forum, and hope to camp with you again in the future.

4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks Sarah and 'The Lad'...
    I'm sure our paths will cross, without the Bugs and Traffic.. heheh aka "Summer BKTs"...

10-9-8-7...
    [​IMG]

...3-2-1

[​IMG]

....and we have lift off...

[​IMG]

Fun....

Michael, already have her in mind, but working on "Lit'l Nell" first, since she'll be the next toy right after the truck.

[​IMG]

Lit'l Nell will be something along this line, modified to fit in with the other "Lovely Ladies", My assistants... heheh..
    [​IMG]

More fun...

5. fpoole

Trying to retry the "Blog" thing... renamed to

fpoole's Roam'n ROG Blog for Prineville, OR trip.

Bitter Sweet, but a good trip overall..
    Jenn: Yep... ;-((

[​IMG]

(getting it detailed this week for post here for one week, then public on Craigs) Pricing/Pics/details to follow after detailed. but it's got everything but AC and more - decals removed)

6. fpoole

Thanks Jenn...
    I was a good memory and I'm glad I have it...
    Luv'd those little TDs... they will always have a special place...

See you on the road...

(It's going in for 'detailing' tomorrow.. I don't even recognize it after "De flocking" it by removing the decals off...

7. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Careful! I will hold you to that! :)
    Besides, the Lad won't be a K forever (seems he is growing up faster and faster! He is almost 4'3 now!). It will make that whole BKT thing much easier on you. Plus, the way he is going, if you need any engine work, he will be able to help you out! Little smarty pants, that one, and with a dad for an engineer, they build all sorts of stuff. Just a matter of time before he starts racing cars I think too. This hair will get whiter and whiter, I just know it!

8. fpoole

I mis-posted over on Jay's post regarding Blogs... apologies Jay... it was your thread...

Anyway, just and FYI, I am trying to run a "Blog" over on my website:
    www. poolesweb.com as the
    ROG's Blog (Retired Old Geezer/Goat)

While I'll still post the important trip locations, the rest will be over there...

fun...

9. BeckyIO

BeckyIO Novice

Sounds good Frank!

10. fpoole

FYI Update: The "Beast"... heheh, there's just no other way to describe it.
    [​IMG]

Got the truck
    Step 1 (of 5) - Truck = Done
    Yaaaaawn, I know, I know, you're just as tired of seeing this as I am of posting, but this step is done, no more. A real shaker on the bumpy roads and can't wait to put a load on it.

Step 2 - Flatbed - install Labor day..

Step 3 = Approved & Waiting for Delivery of the Camper apx 20th or so

Then hitting the road to Moab, UT

End of Sept, is looking good.

fun... Monday

11. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Congrats. Frank. Love the "Monster". Has a Ram 1500 for years and loved every minute. Can't wait to see the final result.

12. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Nice. We were just through Moab earlier this month - great area, and looks like a fun town to explore.
    Good luck with the build-out.

13. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Its great seeing the progress Frank. Can't wait to see what she looks like with the camper on and the rest of the outfit hooked up.

14. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Wow, Frank, that is one big-ass truck. Good for you. Have wonderful, safe travels. Hope we'll see you sometime in 2016.

Bob and Kathy

15. fpoole

Heheh, thanks all...

It's been a long haul, about a year now from inception or
    "OMG, what am I doing"

But things are coming together... so we'll see, one day at a time eh??

Still miss "Le Droppe" but I KNOW it's in good hands, so all is well throughout the land... Just need to get going... heheh,

Back in a bit...

thanks again...
    Happy Trails...

Bob & Kathy, yep big "A" truck.. need a climbing harness to get in and once I do, I keep looking around for a "Crew", Copilot/Nav Crew Chief.. in the cab, so big...
    RAM 5500..
    Fun??? when loaded maybe... LOL...

16. birder526

birder526 Novice

The Beast indeed! You'll have loads of adventures with your new set-up! Just don't plow over us tiny teardroppers!

17. fpoole

....right behind ya... Moab, UT in Oct... to start..

18. fpoole

Ok, just a simple FYI, update...
    Step 3 of 5, camper - Done

4 & 5 (ACE & Trailer) next week, then off to Moab, well, maybe, they might not make it in time... sigh...

[​IMG]

fun..

[​IMG]

making progress

19. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Lookin good Frank, fine/bad rig indeed! You can tell a lot of thought and planning went into her, well done.

Michael

20. fpoole

Thank Michael,
    just trying to get it all together. Decals are next, heheh.. putting them on.
    fun...