Itinerary 2011 Nw Camp-inn Round Up - It's Official!

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Evan, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

If the battery one doesn't make it bring lots o stention cords, you are talkin life giving survival equipment here.

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I am curious. How many people will be arriving on Thursday? The lad and I were planning to head out Thursday (Mick will drive out after he flies in from a business trip on Friday). We just didn't want to be the only ones there!

3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Although I would love to come Thursday, I have to work until 5 and not sure if I will be ready to leave at that time, so we are going to arrive on Friday. If things change, I will let you know.

4. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Our plan is to arrive mid-day on Friday. Bob and Kathy

5. martha

martha Newbie

I'm planning on Thurs.

6. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

We should be there, unless something changes.

7. juliatmgllc

juliatmgllc Newbie

You won't be alone. I am planning to arrive mid-afternoon on Thursday. And I also think my friends with their teardrop from California will arrive Thursday as well.

8. Mick'nSarah

Great! We will be there on Thursday for sure then. I was also thinking early to mid-afternoon, depending on how the morning goes. See some of you on Thursday!

9. wonko

wonko Novice

I've gone through a few iterations and for various reasons, including my 8 year old wanting to go to an overnight camp that doesn't get done until Friday, this is my plan:

Wife is not coming.

Me and the boys, Morgan(3) and Jonathan(8) will pack up and go sometime on Friday, hoping to get off by 4pm or so. If I can drive straight through I'll be there late Friday.

If not, I'll probably park it in a rest area and sleep for a few hours that way and be there Saturday morning. We'll spend Sat and most of Sunday there and take off 4pm or so Sunday to head home.

It's much shorter than I would have liked, but the longer stay just isn't happening and I decided I still want to join the gathering and not just stay home, so I'm a comin' anyway.

10. Evan

Lyle, I knew the location was going to be a bit far for you, so I'm glad to hear you will make it!

11. Evan

For a map with directions, google: Big Cedars County Park, Bingen, WA.

If you are traveling from the Portland area:
    1. Head east on WA-14 E
    2. At 50.4 mi turn left onto Cook-Underwood Rd
    3. At 3.8 mi turn right to stay on Cook-Underwood Rd
    4. At 0.8 mi turn right to stay on Cook-Underwood Rd
    5. At 0.6 mi turn left onto Columbia River Gorge N S a Boundary/Willard Rd
    6. At 1.5 mi continue onto Oklahoma Rd
    7. At 1.6 mi turn left at destination

I need to work tomorrow, so we won't make it down until late Thursday evening.
    If you get there ahead of me, just pick a spot in the grassy day use area.
    The park host is expecting us and should be able to answer any questions.

12. ronolga

ronolga Newbie

Evan,

Darn! We will be camping at South Umpqua Falls for the next five days. Its an annual campout that we go on with over 100 friends from Cave Junction every year. This will be the 32nd year of this campout.
    I hope everyone has a great time and maybe next year it won't coincide with our annual campout. (which happens at a different date each year)

Ron

13. Mick'nSarah

Thanks to Lena and Evan for a fantastic weekend! It was so much fun meeting folks and being able to put faces with names. It was great and we are looking forward to next year! Although, I know we are already going to have to start saving, because once you see other set ups, extra stuff makes so much sense! Thanks to all who could make it too!

14. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I want to add my thanks as well. It was a great weekend with great food and good conversation. I think I have to learn how to make peach cobbler in a Dutch oven. Evan and Lena, thanks for getting me hooked!

15. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Good job Evan and Lena..... As Cast Iron DO ambassadors.

16. Evan

Hey, George - it all started with that Wal-Mart pizza you told us to do. :) We would have been to afraid to try anything else, but, of course, if you burn that pizza you haven't lost much.

-----

So, we are calling the 1st Annual Camp-Inn Round Up a success! We had 9 trailers ranging from #31 to #445 (five 550s and four 560s) hailing from WA, OR, CA and UT (that was Julia). In addition to claiming the distinction of traveling the furthest, Julia is also the proud new owner of a compact Maytag washer/dryer unit. The weather was beautiful, and the location was great too. Frank Poole has lots of photos that I expect he'll post soon.

The place was hard to find, so please shout out if any of your Camp-Inn buddies went missing over the weekend. We did put of paper plate teardrops signs, but I took a poll and not one person saw them driving in. Next year: Larger signs!

17. wonko

wonko Novice

Indeed, the campout was great. You had signs out? I'm glad my navfree software actually knew where the campground was.

I really enjoyed all of the sharing of tips, tricks, glowsticks and mudslides.

Jonathan and Morgan loved it too!

18. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

We are so disappointed to miss it because of family emergency. We hope to meet up with you all at some other time.

Kathy

19. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Ok, here are some pics.
    http://www.poolesweb.com/gallery/camp

[​IMG]

(Sadly, a lot of pics were out of focus as the little camera was stuck in “Macro Mode” Doh…)

A fun outing to be sure, thanks all for a good time…
    “Do you really Sleep in those???”
    “They’re Soooooo Cute….” Hehehh
    Thanks Evan and Lena for putting it on, Getting the campsite, DO dinners etc.. fun… looking forward to the next one

Links for those that asked:

Tear Drop Tat – Nose Art Artist = Victory Girl

My site http://www.poolesweb.com/

Trip Planning
    Resource Links = has a lot of links for Searching for State parks in the PNW area
    Locations = Various Things to do and places to go

Schedule = has the current listing of calendar items, I add them as we go along. Summer is “Off-Season” for me due to BKT’s (Bugs, Kids and Traffic) so it’s a little limited now. All are welcome to jump in.
    Schedule > Campsites are pics of some sites with info. Still putting them up when I get around to it… It’s growing as I go back into the photos of them.

Gallery is pics of previous trips as I load them in.

WTF’ers = Washington Trailer Folks of course… only use this Google site for the Calendar and reminders.. not much else happening on it. Schedule has the schedule for upcoming trips..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  20. martha

martha Newbie

Thanks Lena & Evan for hosting a fun trip & the great DO chow. Also, thanks to the guys who helped out w my TD troubles, especially Evan. Hopefully all will be good on my next outing.