Itinerary 2011 Nw Camp-inn Round Up - It's Official!

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Evan, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

You sure that wasn't buyer's remorse????? :D

Our Maytag W&D fits nicely in the cabin...out of the way but really handy...wouldn't trade it for anything! :)

Evan, you're gonna make some CI owner very happy! ;)

:cool:

2. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

OK....Once again, I am intrigued by this Maytag washer & dryer. I always thought it was some sort of clever prank, dreamed up by Craig, but now you all have me wondering!!?? Since we won't be attending the Round-up, I'll anxiously await for the facts to come out! Have fun everyone!!!

3. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Betsy I think that's the great thing about this product is the adaptability to use it in the older Camp Inns. Annie has even used it at home a couple of times which is another great bonus. On reflection I would have been very disappointing if I had not purchased this product only to find out about it afterwards.

Evan is made to let this go unless he has an insight into a new model that is coming available and wants to make space?

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Jenn, you just have to see it in action for yourself - pictures don't do it justice.

Barry, I don't know of a newer model - it would be hard to improve on the current unit.

5. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

I agree entirely Evan.

6. Evan

10 days until the Campout!!

7. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Whoo Hoo.. looking forward to it and meeting you all...
    Even ordered some Battery Christmas tree lites.. since no power...
    See ya there... got to find something to cook to make it worthwhile..

8. AllanFran

AllanFran Newbie

Evan, we have a friend from Portland who will be joining us at the NW round up. He isn't a teardropper but lets us park in his yard when we're in town so his heart is in the right place, and we trust he will be welcome.

9. Evan

As long as I can park in his yard too... :)

10. martha

martha Newbie

Re: TD Maytag W/D????? I gotta see it to believe it. Won't be long now. See you all soon.

11. fpoole

Is there a Happy-Happy Hour or something like a "Whine & Cheesy Soiree" or something we should be planning for? Activities? things to see/places to go???

Just Wandering Minds that wanna know... and plan for..
    thanks..

12. fpoole

Ok, so remembered this.. assuming still good??

"...So, there is nothing official for Thursday, but on Friday and Saturday nights we will have what the yacht people call "Green Box". This is basically where each family brings an appetizer (something simple) and a drink. We can hang out and chat, and after things wind down then go back to our own campsites for dinner. This gives us a chance to get together without the pressure of bringing a full meal. Kudos to Mick'nSarah for this great suggestion...."

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  13. Evan

Yes, we are still planning the green box thing - nothing fancy, so no worries.

As far as things to do (besides hang out and chat and mix margaritas), Beacon rock and the Gorge aren't far away if you want to do some siteseeing.

14. martha

martha Newbie

I was thinking of bringing a sangria or lemon slush beverage for the green box/cracker barrel. Either of these are best in a frozen-slushy state. I could pack them in dry ice for transport/storage but that can be kinda spendy. Any economical suggestions on how to keep it frozen or super cold until Fri/Sat? I've got insulated plastic & SS Coleman coolers.

15. starlight

starlight Novice

So not fair that we'll be stuck down here in San Diego...I love sangria! Have a great time and we're looking forward to hearing about your NW round-up. :)
    --Stelena

16. fpoole

If only we had power, I could bring DAN or RITA, but do have a Battery one on the way, blenders that is... My luck the CordLess blender will come on Next Friday, the day I leave..
    I do have another Coleman Blender, but don't believe it'll do a Frozen-Slushy thing. It does make Margaritas though, so I'll bring it if the new one doesn't make it...

DAN = the 'Drink-A-Nator"
    [​IMG][/URL]

RITA = Really Intoxicating Tequila Annihilator
    (still working on the Acronym)
    [​IMG][/URL]

and will bring the All Terrain D&R Support Vehicle (ice chest)
    Geeeeshh.. I need to get a life... but the margaritas will be good.. or anything else we can mix... fun..

See you all on Friday noonish...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  17. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

Babble:

Martha should be the one to bring the generator. Buy or rent.

Frank, you should teach RITA to put the salt on before pouring. It's easier.

I sure do like your accessories and graphics!

Hilditch

18. fpoole

thanks Hilditch...
    Generators are hard to come by and I'm on the fence as to whether to get/use one or not... so far, "Not" has ruled, but ??? thus the expense of the battery ones... If the Fedex is accurate, I should be able to bring it in time... If not, I'm bringing the older one..

[​IMG]

RITA serves them up just fine, I like my Margaritas Topless... the user can salt'em if they've got'em.. heheheh... RITA just makes it all happen...

19. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

If you would like, Mick said he would pack the generator. Let us know if you are serious and we will bring it! He will be out on Friday night (the lad and I will be there Thursday).

20. fpoole

Oh thanks Sarah, I appreciate it, but me thinks I'll have the Battery one arrive in time an I'm not sure how much it will be used, so I'll stick with the new battery/cordless one this time.

Appreciate the offer, like I said, still mixed on Generators heheh.. I'll probably eventually get one, but trying to keep away from sounding like the "Big Ole Boys RVs"... for now anyway...

Thanks again for the offer, we should be OK with the new one... Gots to break it in eh??? LOL...

see you all on Friday after morning Traffic.. 1pm-ish I suppose...