Itinerary 2011 Nw Camp-inn Round Up - It's Official!

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Evan, Apr 2, 2011.

1. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

That's great - it should be fun. Look forward to meeting you.

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Good new and bad news regarding the campout.

Bad news first:

By the time I finally started to get the ball rolling for the camp out, there were hardly any group sites left for this summer, so I booked the Atkission Group Camp site unseen. Well, after a weekend in Portland, we decided to take the scenic route home and swing by the campground to check it out.

[​IMG]

No wonder it wasn't booked! Not what I would call a campground - just a hunk of blacktop. And so, the campout will NOT be at Atkission. There is no way I would let everybody drive all that way to sit on asphalt together.

And now, the good news:

The first NW Camp-Inn Round-Up will go on as planned - at a new location.
    We spent the rest of the day driving through just about every campground in the county looking for anything other than Atkission, and stumbled across a small county operated campground that will be MUCH better. It is just a few miles from the gorge and from Beacon Rock, so there are lots of things to do nearby, and, best of all, flush toilets! What really look appealing was the grassy day use area. We could just picture all of our teardrops circled in the little meadow. It was a long shot, but we asked the county to make an exception and allow us to reserve the day use area for our campout in August. Yep, it's ours! In addition to the day use area, they have also made individual campsites available to us as needed - for anyone who prefers a little more privacy. Apparently, the county was so pleased with the teardroppers at the recent gorge gathering that they have agreed to make a large exception for our group.

We have reservations for the original dates, in the same general area - just a much better location. The cost will depend on the number of trailers that show. For example, with 10 trailers, expect to pay around $30 for the entire three/four day weekend. (If you want your own site, you can pay for it there - $15 / night.)

Here is a link with a google map:
    http://www.recreationparks.net/WA/skamania/big-cedars-county-park-willard

Hope to see you there!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks Evan!

4. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Second that, Evan! Thanks to both of you for going to all this trouble. Flush toilets - wonderful. We'll plan to "park" our tent amongst the teardrops and share in the cost of the site.

Kathy

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Thanks Evan! That is great. We have a lot to live up to with the last group being so great! That is awesome!

Curious if there will be shore power out there (it will help me decide which kitchen box to pack...just got a new toy for Dottie, but we need to be plugged in to use it)?

The lad and I will be out there the whole time, and Mick is going to try and drive out for the weekend. He has a business trip that will keep him out of town until Friday night. This is a slightly shorter drive for us, so ot sure if he will come from the airport or Saturday morning. Really looking forward to it! Thanks for taking such good care of us Evan!

6. Evan

Sarah, I don't remember if there is power or not. The campground is nonelectric, but the day use area could have something. I'll ask the county and post back later.

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

I looked at the site and can't tell if there is water. Would you ask the county that also when you contact them? Thanks, Kathy

8. Evan

Yes. I asked about that as well. I'll post as soon as I find out.

9. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

thanks. It dawned on me after I asked the question that if they have flush toilets they probably have running water . . .

Kathy

10. martha

martha Newbie

Thanks Evan for going the extra mile to find a nice spot & taking good care of us. Look forward to seeing everyone in August.

11. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Looking forward to it... regardless of where... 4 hrs is a little easier to do Friday mornings... fun..

12. Mick'nSarah

Wasn't sure where to look. Evan, are we allowed to bring dogs? Need to sort that out if I need to leave her home. Thanks!

13. Evan

"Dogs must be on a least at all times".

14. Mick'nSarah

Roger that! No problem. She loves people and would probably go home with someone else who showed her any love if we didn't tie her to something (or have her in a fenced backyard). Pretty sure that is why she was a stray before we rescued her. That, or we are horribly neglectful of her and never show her any love...hardly think that is the case, especially with a nearly 4 year old who loves his pup.

Thanks Evan!

15. juliatmgllc

juliatmgllc Newbie

Glad I checked the web site for new info. Thank you Evan and Lena for working all this out. Really appreciate your putting this together for all of us. I will also be bringing a dog--12 yr-old Lab, very friendly and will be leashed. Hope to arrive Thursday evening. Looking forward to it!

Julia, CI Toodles, and Sam (dog)

16. Evan

What gathering would be complete without a raffle?

So, in an spontaneous outbreak of generosity, Lena & I have decided to donate our compact Maytag washer and dryer to one lucky winner at the upcoming gathering. In case you don't know about this unit, it was a limited production run by Maytag that we purchased from Camp-Inn last year. It is the smallest washer/dryer unit ever made by Maytag. You will have to see this one to believe it - no point in explaining, but it most certainly is what it claims to be. The folks at Camp-Inn were so confident in the product that they gave a money-back guarantee that it would fit in a Camp-Inn with only minor modifications.

Anyways, we got it last summer, but have never used it, so it will go to a new home in two weeks. :)

17. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Somebody will be the proud owner of these fine Maytag products!

18. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Wow Evan how can you part with that its the best feature of our Camp Inn and fits in so well with the styling. Storage is not an issue due to its compactness and there is virtually no weight penalty when packing this item.

19. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

can't wait to see it!

20. Evan

It's true, Barrie - we're having a generosity epidemic over here. :)