Itinerary 2011 Nw Camp-inn Round Up - It's Official!

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Evan, Apr 2, 2011.

1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Re: NW Gathering Wrap Up

Awwww geeeze... just when I thought it was safe to browse the Camp world Catalog since I have all I need..... sigh....
    Until now...
    [​IMG]

Ice maker

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Yep - We've got one of those - somewhere...makes soft ice quick but they're nice to have - I need to find mine...

3. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Soft Ice? like little cubes or slush?? that melt quickly?
    Do you think it's worth it for icing in general or more a pain to use.. guessing since it's i storage somewhere, it's not really needed/used...
    Just a Wandering Mind that wanna know..

4. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

The ice is made quickly and I think it's good if you like ice in your drinks but it does melt quickly. Personally for me, I found that the occasional bag of ice was cheaper and easier then messing with it. It's just that the idea of it is so COOL...I know - stupid reason - but if you like to crunch ice this is not the best ice for that - I'm just a gadget person - dumb, huh?

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Suggestion for a future NW Gathering

Evan,

The lad an I went camping at Silver Falls State Park this week (just outside of Salem....got back this afternoon). The park is amazing and they have a group camp site up at North Falls. This might be a great place to have a gathering in the future. Lots of hiking (including behind the waterfalls), bike trails all over, swimming hole, playstructure, and the regular campground is amazing (even have hot showers). For folks who don't have a trailer or a tent, there are cabins. I didn't stop to actually see the North Falls group site, but there was mention on the sign of hook ups for RVs, so it is something to look into. I really liked the campground, and spots are close enough we could easily accommodate the group. We even saw 4 deer and a wild hare just this morning. Just idea for the future! I will post a review and pictures tomorrow.

6. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Re: Suggestion for a future NW Gathering

Sounds good, Sarah.