Itinerary Nw Round-up 2015

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by slumry, Sep 28, 2014.

Added to Calendar: 08-20-16, 08-21-16, 08-22-16, 08-23-16
  1. birder526

birder526 Novice

Re: NW Round up

Sounds awesome! Will look forward to getting to know many of you! Do we make reservations through you or the park system?

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Usually we just show up and pay Stephen during the event. He pays for it up front, and then splits the cost between the number of trailers. We usually camp in the awesome group camp site. Just pull in and find a spot!

3. slumry

slumry Novice

I must provide fair warning, NW Round-Up tm is officially a disorganized event.

There are no rules, no schedule, no contests, no sing-alongs, no white elephant exchanges, no workshops, no standup comedy night, no awards banquet, well you get the idea.

Of course, if you want to make something happen, NW Round-up tm attendees are pretty open minded and will try just about anything at least once.

4. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

I was thinking that with fpoole (Frank) in attendance that you would be guaranteed a "fire side chat" with a couple yeti tales thrown in.

5. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheh, indeed they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But it's all good...

[​IMG]

According to "Uncle Bob"

fun..

6. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

A good idea to remind people that it is very loosely organized that way new people won't be disappointed. I personally like it that way. The pot lucks have turned out great. Everyone helped put up shelters when it rained. Whoever wants brings firewood and just adds it to the pile. I found a great place to get firewood. It was five nice bundles for ten dollars. I thought it was an awesome deal. Might not be there this year though as the older people were thinking of selling. He said he still had a barn full of firewood though.
    It is great fun to wander around and see the additions people have done to their trailers to make them personal.

7. fpoole

OP,
    Not a chance... I just listen to the stories told of places far,far away...

I did try to look for "Sassy" aka Ms. Sasquatch, since only long lost out-in-the-woods-men juiced up on "hootch" have ever seen?? her.. heheh so it's gotta be a "Femme Fatale".. no??

Here's an excessively long vid with "Nellie" but the first 30sec is all that confirms my search... fun..

I just listen.. heheh and encourage others to share...

[​IMG]

fun...

8. Mick'nSarah

Is the only rule, "there are no rules"? I see a lot of rules there! :)
    And to be fair, we did once have a drawing for one of the washer and dryers once. That could have been an organized event. The puzzle/game table tends to organize itself. The only thing we do is, if you want to share some food, show up with something small to share around 5:00, along with your beverage of choice and we will snack and enjoy each other's company around the fire. Nobody is required, and we never check to see if you brought something. Just dig in. It means you don't have to plan dinners, which is pretty awesome!

9. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Good news: we'll probably get to make our long-awaited trip to the eastern Canadian provinces
    Bad news: in order to both avoid black flies and bad weather, we will need to start the trip in late July/early August and so will miss seeing old friends and making new ones at the NWR. Know you'll have a good time. Hopefully, we'll get to the 2015 CI-CO.

10. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

What!!??!! You won't be there? Oh, heck no - you gotta rearrange, Kathy. The black flies aren't THAT bad (It's the deer flies that really get ya, so just dress appropriately...like full body armor.) and you can't count on the weather at all these days so July/August isn't an absolute necessity for up there.

Ya know ya want to see us again. Ya know ya want to spend three days and nights sitting and jawing with Jim and me and Jenn and...well, ALL if us. (Am I whining loud enough?)

We'll be there waiting for you with wine and goodies. Don't make us drink alone.

Jenn doesn't drink (unless it's Starbucks - she's a persona non grata at McDonald's. Long story.).

Sue and Jim says

11. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Ok, Frank, now I'm curious about the dutch oven cooking ring picture. Whose FJ Cruiser is that.....what is it tied to & why? Was this some type of recovery/rescue mission? Wandering mind wanta know???...esp wondering minds who also own & love FJs. :)

Casandra

12. fpoole

Hmmm... well the "Ring Masters" are various, but that particular one was none other than the "Web Master" Evan.

and the FJ? Huh?
    Not sure what that is nor who's it is, might be Sarah's...
    Not sure..... I just sit around the campfire, forgetting peoples names.... I keep it simple..heheh..

Sorry, Casandra, not much help...

13. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

The FJ belongs to Sarah and Mick. Their dog Mina(?) was tied to the bumper.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, Frank will not be wandering around the campground at 1:00 in the morning.

14. Mick'nSarah

Joan is correct. FJ is Mick's truck. Mina gets a long leash there. Dogs have to be leashed but she is a champion napper, and doesn't tend to wander off, but we had her tied there. No recovery that weekend. He has helped folks out in snow storms, and has been off roading (this last time some stuff broke, which he can tell you all about). It is all good fun. He was watching the military Hummer auction this morning though. I think (hope) I have him talked out of that!

15. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Jenn, I am glad that you brought up the peach cobbler. It occurred to me that was going to be missing next year.

16. fpoole

Sarah, jeeps???....
    Gawd, they just get in the way on trails.. heheh...

[​IMG]

I'm sure Mick is much more knowledgeable than in on the 'Off Road" stuff, but I have found, the wider the vehicle, the less trails you can go on. Even I'm limited to the over 50" trails and miss a lot.

Don't get me wrong, Hummers are nice, it's what got me started on ORV (Off Road Vehicles) but I'm thinking he's more of a "Racer" and he might find other things that might fit better...
    Like the Baja 500 or sand dune buggies..

[​IMG]

fun...

17. Mick'nSarah

I believe they use a size 12 DO and I have her recipe. She gave it to me a while back. If they can't make it to the event, maybe we can all make it so they are there in flavor. They will be there in spirit I am sure!

18. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

No, Jennifer. Still towing Cutie Pie with our 2007 Rav 4 and taking really good care of her! Kathy

19. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Jenn,

Stealth mode... Does that include the glasses, fake nose and mustache? (say the secret woid)

Jim and Sue (laughing)

20. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Thanks, Sarah. I'll have to remember the tow hooks on the front make a good dog tie-out! smile I was wondering how you like towing Dottie with your FJ? Any idea what kind of MPG you get towing with it?

We bought the 2014 Trail Team edition FJ back in September and love it! However, we have not towed our Raindrop with it yet because....1) the "break-in period....and 2) we still need to convert the factory 4 pin connector over to a 7 pin. We just haven't done it yet because my Toyota Sequoia already has it, so we just load it up since there's so much more room to haul all the "stuff" that goes along with camping with 3 kids anyway. I'm really hoping my husband & I can sneak off for a weekend trip alone soon & take the FJ!

Casandra