Itinerary Nw Round-up 2015

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by slumry, Sep 28, 2014.

Added to Calendar: 08-20-16, 08-21-16, 08-22-16, 08-23-16
  1. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Re: NW Round up

We are flexible at this point. We will go with the crowd!

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Oregon would be my first choice too...
    Somewhere new...
    Standing by...

3. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I would like to go to Oregon if it can be worked out. It would be fun to attract some people from further south. I haven't been out much so would be good to see a new place. I need the experience of going to new places to get more comfortable with handling and backing my trailer.
    Salt Creek was a challenge with a tree right where my front fender needed to go when it swung to the left and a group of people who spent their time following newcomers to their camp site so they could laugh at their backing skills.

4. fpoole

enh??
    Just chop the tree down...

Joan has the best way with her cone...
    Of course "finding that 'Special Site' presents another problem... heheh, Just Joking Joan..

just keep doing it. Try spending and hour or two in some big parkinglot, might find it does wonders...

5. pbaker2225

The tree was a little large for my Abe Lincoln hatchet. In this case I had to back the trailer around the corner and then get the car back in line with it. I was nervous but did pretty well with my friend spotting so I didn't back into anything. I have done some practicing but I need more. I got some cones but haven't used them yet. I need work on my timing.
    I haven't seen anything on here about your winter adventures, Frank or you either Michael or Jenn and some of you other people who helped me get through last winter while I was waiting for my trailer. Winter is going to go by pretty slowly if you guys don't start entertaining us. I usually get on the computer while drinking my morning coffee and always look for new information.
    We have a little skiff or snow this morning and the sun is out nice and bright.

6. fpoole

Kewl, practicing but you don't really need a cone, anything will do, just have to ba able to see it...

I've been holed up lately, just do day "buggy rides". Have one next week near snow over near Orting, WA..., 60min from home...

Did one last year above Ellensburg, WA and hit snow..
    Gallery Pics

[​IMG]

I am getting anxious on doing some camping, but can't afford it yet.... so staying close to home...

....for now anyway.. heheh, hava good one...

7. birder526

birder526 Novice

We are game for OR; we've never been!

8. birder526

birder526 Novice

Sounds like a winter wonderland! Stay warm!

9. pbaker2225

Thanks Jenn, It sounds like you are really getting around. Ca, Mo, Wi. I've been wondering about you and how your plans are going for the property. I hope you got your building built. I figure if you are picking up stored stuff that's a good sign.

10. slumry

slumry Novice

OK, it looks like something in the range of early-July through August is preferred. Since I need to make the reservations on the 1st of January in order to ensure we get the weekend we want, I would appreciate it if we could settle on which dates to try for before then.

My only constraint is that I already have a commitment for the period from August 8th through August 17th, give or take a few days for travel. Any other dates are fair game.

Please state your preferences.

Thank you.

11. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks for your help in organizing this! August 21st to 23rd is first choice.

12. pbaker2225

I'm good with whatever date works out. Thanks again for making this happen.

13. slumry

slumry Novice

OK, based on the input of one brave soul, it looks like the current preferred dates are the nights of August the 20th through the 22nd. I am kicking in a third night just because that is how we have done things in the past and there is always tradition that has to be followed. We could also do just the 21st and 22nd. And of course, we could do the nights of the 21st, 22nd and 23rd. Ladies and gentlemen, the choice is entirely up to you.

At this point unless I hear otherwise, on January 1st I will book the Mossyrock primitive campground for the nights of the August 20th, 21st and 22nd.

14. birder526

birder526 Novice

Sounds good to be a "brave soul"!! I hope these dates work for everyone. Thanks so much for organizing this and we look forward to our first NWRU. How can we find out more about Mossyrock?

15. fpoole

Here are some pics from last years gathering if that helps at all..
    2013 NW Roundup

Info on the park itself: Mossyrock Park info

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the 2013 roundup Gallery Here

[​IMG]

A lot to do around there. We did the Ape Caves and I've done the train ride - upfront with the engineer.. recommended.
    and a Flea market around there somewhere if you like that, but crowded if I remember people saying
    Aug dates work for me...

fun

16. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I just put it on the calendar. I think August will work a little better and it will be good to get one last camping trip in before school starts! Thanks for taking the lead on this!

17. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks, Frank!

18. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

We second the motion for August 20-22. Heck, we're retired and can make just about any date baring the first Sunday of the month (Antique market day...that's our pay day. Woo-hoo!).

Camp On,

Sue and Jim

19. slumry

slumry Novice

Apparently Mossyrock reservations are now synchronized with the regular Washington State Parks system and reservations can be made up to a year in advance.

What this means fellow campers is that I was able to successfully book the 5th Annual NW Round-up for August 20th through August 23rd. Three days of fun and sun.

Perhaps we can plan some high country hikes? Camp Muir anyone?

Please mark your calendars and make your plans to attend.

20. pbaker2225

I love the idea of hikes. Right now I'm nursing an achilles injury and have just started some exercises for it. I didn't get in much hiking last summer but am hoping to be in shape and recovered by spring.