Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Would anyone like to guess where this weather forecast is for? Hint: it’s not my home state of Wisconsin.
    4DDBA14A-E0A2-405E-B01F-1FAA2B1F2056 by Tour 931 posted Dec 13, 2023 at 4:57 AM

Kevin likes this.
  2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Fairbanks, Alaska?

Kevin likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Close. Deadhorse, AK which is several hundred miles north of Fairbanks in Prudhoe Bay.

Kevin likes this.
  4. Ken & Peggy

That's cold. Nose-hair cold. What's that saying - No bad weather, only bad clothes? I'm not so sure about that...

dustinp and Tour 931 like this.
  5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Nose hair cold?! LOL We've all experienced it I am sure....just never thought of naming it :)

I stumbled on this last year or the year before...makes Alaska look like a tropical paradise...I can't help but think of Yakov Smirnoff making jokes about Siberia.

Ken & Peggy, Tour 931 and Kevin like this.
  6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

The view from my front porch this early evening.
    4FA218E1-6E83-4576-B829-CA3362944D24 by Tour 931 posted Dec 13, 2023 at 3:18 PM

This is the Band of Venus and the Earth‘a Shadow.

dustinp, dougbee, Kevin and 2 others like this.
  7. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Cosmic! And beautiful pic!
    TY, learn something new here every day:
    What Causes the Belt of Venus Phenomenon?

8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I’m on Timms Hill and it’s usually more pronounced high on hills. The morning Band of Venus to the west is never as pronounced as the evening band to the east. Don’t forget about Alpine-glow and Amber-glow. They are similar yet different.

Kevin likes this.
  9. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Good morning from The Town of Hill, Wisconsin.
    47B767D1-B223-4448-AE86-F888656AFD07 by Tour 931 posted Dec 14, 2023 at 5:58 AM
    I have open skies all around me and if it’s not heavy cloud or frost this is how I awake.

28F and Folgers in my cup.

Kevin likes this.
  10. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

During a bad time in my life, I had a 'Grandma' (as well as her daughter and son-in-law) who "adopted" Mrs. Sweeney and me. They often would invite us for meals, and there was an open Friday night where we'd have a meal, watch "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr" and "X-Files"

Grandma had a name for this sky -- she called it "Sky blue pink" --- and I think of her every time I see one of these beautiful sunrises.

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  11. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
  12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It’s been freezing at night and thawing during the day. No snow on the ground and non forecast for the next ten days. That means no snow for Christmas.

Folgers in my cup as I get ready for Church.

Kevin likes this.
  13. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

There is none here either.

High Christmas Day should be around 56...Normally, this would get me thinkin' about getting outside, but probably not.

I'm off the whole of that week, unfortunately, my wife has to work. I may under usual circumstances have taken a 'guys' trip, but our anniversary (33 years!) is the same week. Something tells me --- taking a trip that week might mean the missing of our 34'th anniversary.

So the combination of Holy Days, our anniversary, and the fact my wife can't take time off...looks like its a stay-at-home and drive the ol' lady crazy week.

Coffee today is several Double Shot Americanos....I have to say, my neighbors should be happy their garage is cleaned. Meijer Columbian Roast house brand it my go to...the Guantamalan isn't bad, but its just got a little too much personality for me. One of these days, I really want to roast my own.

I found a green bean company just a few hours north of me in my 'home' town, this may be a good thing to do next week..hmmm...

Theta Ridge Coffee | Theta Ridge Green Coffee

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Wholy Moly ...did I get it wrong. Sorry for the wind noise, I didn't take time to edit this at all...

I knew we had a front passing today, but it ROARED through...in about 10 minutes the roof on the neighbors house (presumably mine...but I'm NOT going out to look) was white and the yard was a blanket of white with green sticking up through it...

Not ready ...just not ready.

Kevin and Ken & Peggy like this.
  15. Ken & Peggy

We had about the same here in Chicago. Very quick-moving. Now the gusts are 20+ with windchill readings in the mid teens. More like mid December...

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  16. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

We've had 2-3 oher squalls like it since -- the wind was enough to reorganize my outdoor furniture that I really probably should put away :D

What can I say? At heart, I'm an optimist!!

17. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We had 3 1/2 inches of rain over Saturday and Sunday. Wind gusts approached 40 mph at the east-central Florida beaches.

Tour 931 likes this.
  18. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

.,...hmmm, calm winds, 75 degrees and sunny here in AZ.

Tour 931 and Ken & Peggy like this.
  19. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

65 and raining on the central coast of CA

Kevin, Tour 931 and dustinp like this.
  20. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I assume southern Arizona? Whats it like there in March, especially the low temps - I doubt highs would be a problem.