Morning Cup Of Coffee And Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tour 931, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Got up at 3:05am to watch a Delta Heavy Rocket launch to find it scrubbed. Will do it again tomorrow.

Attached Files:

dustinp and Tour 931 like this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

All from smoke from Canada!

Kevin likes this.
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

VERY NICE!!!!!! Both of 'em.

On your homestead photos, I am truly jealous. That is such a picturesque home.

Tour 931 likes this.
  4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Ok -- I'm grumpy today. Very grumpy.

First, I have to deal with a psueogovernment agency. Second, I have to deal with money. Third I overslept through a meeting with my boss.

Lastly --- is this, this, is the one that "rips" it! Today is the summer solstice. The longest day of the year. From here on out, it's all down hill.

Mark & Mel likes this.
  5. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I hear that. Yesterday was my birthday. But, we've got MONTHS of the best weather yet to come, all the way into October. With plenty of 'late' daylight in the next couple months to enjoy... ;)

Kevin, Tour 931 and dustinp like this.
  6. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

.........and besides that my glass is half empty.:mad:

7. dustinp

............but that's OK, now my glass is half full again.;)

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I’m grumpy everyday.

dustinp, Ken & Peggy and Cary Winch like this.
  9. Carl U

Carl U Junior Ranger

Instead of Yurts what a spot for a Camp Inn campground !!

dustinp and Tour 931 like this.
  10. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Not at all! On Winter solstice I'm happy! Its all uphill from there!

This is the hell I live in :D LOL

dustinp likes this.
  11. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Got up at 3am again this morning to view the Delta Heavy Rocket Launch. It had been delayed to 5:18am, but the view was great in the darkness of night. Well worth waiting for! A cruise boat came into port within a few minutes of launch also. Highly recommend Jetty Park for viewing rocket launches. One of the rocket boosters from the June 5th Space X launch came into port earlier in the day. It’s 130ft tall. (last pic)

Attached Files:

dustinp, Sweeney and Cary Winch like this.
  12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

way cool!

Sweeney likes this.
  13. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Another day, another launch. Great week for rocket launches.

Attached Files:

dustinp and Kevin like this.
  14. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

dustinp likes this.
  15. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

We finally received some badly needed rain. I hope we get more as farmers are loosing crops.

Ken & Peggy and dustinp like this.
  16. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I’m seeing puddles of water alongside the roads. We must half received close to an inch of rain.

dustinp likes this.
  17. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

We're getting it now in Chicago

Tour 931 likes this.
  18. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We’ve had rain everyday this week. Some locations like Ocala have received over 12 inches.

Tour 931 and Kevin like this.
  19. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

12 inches...yikes. Although Florida is better equipped to handle that than we are :)

We had a frontal passage last night --- temperature dropped 12-15 degrees in about 15 minutes. Little lightning, rain -- fortunately no high winds (just enough to sway the trees) but no severe damage. NWS has us at risk today, but the temperatures are only supposed to be around 80 --- doubt we'll see any severe, its just not hot enough for good convection.

Hopefully, it gets out of the system with independence day weekend coming up - I've got a fantastic camp site reserved. It's so hard to gauge this time of year -- 80% chance of rain is usually "popup" and aren't necessarily weekend destroyers. But they can be :) This one looks like spot storms, but mercifully improving through Tuesday.

I think I need to go buy a brisket or two (AKA Meat Candy) and a case of Yuengling Flight and a bag of smoking pellets...

Van_and_Terri likes this.
  20. dustinp

Yes, it was a much appreciated million dollar rain fall (probably closer to a billion these days) We got about 1.8 inches here, so the farmers have finally gotten some much needed relief (as has my lawn).

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.