Itinerary 2nd Annual Nw Camp-inn Round Up

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Evan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Evan sounds like fun but I had a good laugh trying to view your upside down pic on my iPad every time I turned the iPad to view it my iPad turned finally laid the iPad on the table and moved just myself.

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I was wondering who would be the first to post!

It was such a great weekend on so many levels. Thanks to all who were there, and thanks to Stephan for giving up his Super Bowl Sunday to find us a spot we all truly enjoyed. It was fantastic! Looking forward to seeing everyone again next year (or sooner!)!

3. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I agree with Sarah. Great Weekend! Thanks so much to Steve and Shirley for finding the park and making the arrangements.

[​IMG]

4. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

What a terrific introduction to CI-TD gatherings! We had such a good time. Thanks to Steve and Shirley for getting the site. We enjoyed spending time with all of you. The icing on the cake was provided by the two beautiful children and five perfectly behaved dogs. Anxious to see you all again in the near future.

Kathy & Bob

5. slumry

slumry Novice

So I finally found out what a gathering was this weekend; as near as I can tell it is like a three day non-stop coffee klatch.

6. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Joan,

You rig looks great and it looks like the weather cooperated. I guess you didn't have a chance to test the bungee cord rafters in the Alcove. Think they'll work when needed or do you think they'll sag in heavy rain?

Do you have fiberglass poles for your side tent? I haven't seen anything that beefy looking before.

Glad you all had a great time, I hope some day I get to see the PNW… looks beautiful.

edit:
    I guess you can disregard my bungee question, I saw your other post on the Alcove thread.

7. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

To All who attended... from Dave and Linda the soon-to-be's - you are awesome... thanks for the welcome, thanks for the tours, advice, recommnendations, and conversation. We will remember next time to bring fancier hors d'oeuvres.. and skip dinner.

Look forward to seeing you all when we have a trailer...

Dave and Linda
    Soon to be Ramblin...

8. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Dave & Linda - we were glad you guys dropped by. Certainly, don't bring anything fancy next time, or else we would all have to too. :) Congratulations on your purchase, and enjoy the wait - haha.

9. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Fun, great location, easy to get to and a nice place to camp. Thanks to all for a good time. Nice to put faces with names.
    Photos posted over at my Gallery

I tried to catch each members TD by taking two pics of each, but only posted the better one. Some pic were a little fuzzy due to low light or rain.
    Have many more, but not going to burden you with the same pic..

Questions My Wandering Mind just needed to know:
    - Combine Demolition Derby

- Star Trek Captain = Jonathan Archer

- Dog breed – Cavalier King Charles =
    Probably what everyone was saying, oh well…

Believe great times were had by all…
    Fun, till the next one.

10. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

It is a good thing the Lad didn't know about the Combine Demolition. He has a thing about wanting a combine harvester (we talked him into a toy one if we reduces his thumb sucking). He would have wanted to be back up there for that!

Thanks for all of the photos, Frank! You got some great ones! I have a great one I took of you. If you PM me you email, I will send it to you tomorrow.

Oh, and Frank, if you wonder why the kids flock to you...it is because you bring the cool mentos/Pepsi experiments! (Laddy was asking where Uncle Frank was this morning! :) ) Thank you for doing that. They just love that experiment!

11. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Great pictures, Frank. You sure are a favorite with the kids. :/

12. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheh... Kids and dogs... I'm, a magnet... but fun and glad they liked it. Hopefully it will be a spark later in life for them to carry on...
    Email is:
    fbpoole@gmail.com

Problem with taking pictures is you're never in them, LOL... oh well, I prefer to work behind the camera/scenes...

Fun...
    Will bring the blender next time...

13. jfocallag

Glad you found the other post regarding the Alcove. The poles are Kelty collapsible tarp poles. They fit a little snugly into the pockets at the base of tent but are not going to come out of there by accident. They might be a little tall. I did not need to use more than the first slot in this setting and don't really see needing more. Kelty also has a collapsible tent pole but couldn't really tell if they might be too short. With these, you are limited to the predefined holes. Jenn had an adjustable pole she bought at Cabella's that, I think, you are able to adjust the height by sliding it up and down. I think that the poles that come with the tent are fine just as long as when it rains, you take them apart and make sure that the water drains out.

14. jfocallag

Great pictures!

I was not there during the 'dog breed' conversation so I am assuming that you are referring to Bailey. Bailey is often mistaken for a King Charles Cavalier but is actually a Cockapoo. He does not look like a typical Cockapoo. The cocker spaniel part of the combination is definitely dominate. Due to his size (all 9 pounds of him), people assume that he is a King Charles (or a puppy.)

15. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Joan

Thanks for the feedback on your tent poles. I noticed mine need a little TLC and they've only be up a few times. I might have to start looking into alternatives.

16. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Wow, what a wonderful site. Looks like you guys had a fantastic time of it.

We're so jealous.

Jim and Sue

17. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Thanks for the great pictures, Frank. Here is a picture of you!

[​IMG]

18. martha

martha Newbie

A HUGE shout of thanks to the Slumry's for finding this fantastic locale for the 2nd PNW Gathering. Great camp spot, great folks, great food. Overall just a great gathering. Look forward to seeing everyone next time.

19. slumry

slumry Novice

Mossymovie

Get your Dramamine ready. It also caches a lot but here is our offering for Sundance. I have all your model release forms on file, don’t I?

20. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Worthy of some type of an award! And is that a NEW bandana, Jenn?