Itinerary 2nd Annual Nw Camp-inn Round Up

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Evan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Saturday, late morning.

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Yes, but I think they are called Red Boxes on Saturdays.

3. Evan

Looks like we may be getting a timely break in the weather...

[​IMG]

4. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Wah!!!! I want to go, but we're still on the baby watch. Darn that kid, causing trouble already.

Have fun in the woods. We'll be here...in the house...in the city. Boo-hoo.

Camp On,

Sue and Jim

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Woohoo! Have been checking weather every cople of days, but I like your report way better. I will go with that!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

6. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Darn, Jim and Sue! We were really looking forward to meeting you, but new baby vs old farts - no contest! Enjoy! Kathy

7. slumry

slumry Novice

Final jeopardy!

It looks like the big snow storm will miss us, albeit Paradise still has 143 inches of snow on the ground. Actually, the weather should be pretty good on Friday and Saturday. Sunday looks like it could go either way and Monday is starting to look good. Comfortable days and cool nights, bring wood if you can otherwise we should be able to buy some there. Check-in is 2:30 PM but I don’t think they will have any problem if you show up early. We are likely to arrive later in the day. If they ask for the balance due, just tell them it is coming by special courier later that day. Find the primitive group campground, find a place to set up and make yourself at home. For the fishing people:

Tacoma Power funds the stocking of fish in Mayfield and Riffe lakes and Swofford Pond to improve overall sport fishing.

Coho salmon, rainbow trout and cuttroat trout can be found in Riffe Lake. Here they live with landlocked coho and chinook salmon, cutthroat, rainbow and brown trout, as well as Crappie, largemouth and smallmouth bass, brown bullhead and bluegill.

Most of the same species can be found in Mayfield Lake with one addition. The tiger muskie was planted in 1988 to see how well it would survive as a sport fish and biological control for the undesirable pike minnow population.

The 240-acre Swofford Pond is stocked with rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout, plus naturally occurring largemouth bass, channel catfish and bluegill.

Don't forget which day we have which color box event. You don't want to make any fashion mistakes.

Stephen and Shirley

8. juliatmgllc

juliatmgllc Newbie

I had hoped to come! Sorry I am going to have to bough out this year. Have a great time everyone!

9. Mick'nSarah

Has the rain stopped in Washington? We still have it. I suppose a lot can change in a few hours, but let's get some positive energy going for some nice weather!

Julia, so sorry we will miss you this year! Maybe we will see you next year!

To the rest who are going, drive safe and we'll see you up there (or down, depending on where you are coming from)!

10. Evan

Got SnuggleBug out of the garage for the first time since September - wow! She got a bath, a vacuum job and a new Dometic fridge. We are rarin' to go. See you all there.

11. Mick'nSarah

I am going to be embarrassed at the state of Dottie. She probably looks worse to me than others. I wanted to wash her today, but it was a no go. She got a shower from Ma Nature instead. Poor girl! She is all stocked up with water, food, and propane. Just need to throw the rest of the gear in, and we are set!

12. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'm loaded and Tied...
    Ready to ride..

Sarah, don't be embarrassed, it's just called "Travel Patina" heheh.. I'm the same way, thought I'd be off to wash it and then come down, but working 1/2 day.. leaving at 12:30, be there in 2 hrs, with luck, will find a hand/spray wash on the way. Otherwise?? well, you know..

See you all down there...

13. Mick'nSarah

Mine has a nice pollen patina. It has been bad this year. Ah well, I will get her all cleaned up for the big trip coming up through the Redwoods. She is just as cozy, and awesome as ever, inside. Plus, she will get dirty on the trip anyway! :)

I did get her water tanks all flushed (while staning in the rain), so I have cleaned the really important bits!

14. Mick'nSarah

Jenn, how was the Gorge? I bet the waterfalls were really going with all the rain this week! What was your favorite thing?

15. Mick'nSarah

I always like taking people up there, that haven't seen big, powerful waterfalls. I think we (in the Northwest) start to forget that they aren't the norm, and they really are something special. Did you get up to Crown Point?

I forgot to mention Bonneville Dam and fish hatchery (on the Oregon side...not sure which way you are headed). If you have a chance and it is on your way, it is worth a stop. The fish ladder should have different fish running right now, and at the hatchery, you can see the sturgeons. They are pretty amazing. We love to pop in and see Herman. They also have some beautiful roses there.

Drive safe and see you tomorrow!

16. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

This is killing us! You're all going to have so much fun playing with waterfalls in the rain and we're still stuck here. But a light at the end of the tunnel-maybe. Our daughter has started early labor. Cross your fingers it doesn't stop and drag on for another week..or two.

So you all go on and have your fun. Don't worry about us poor lonely souls. We'll just sit here in misery and look at the distant mountains where we can't go right now.

Hey! Maybe we'll go camping in the hospital parking lot!

Pathetic, isn't it?

Camp on,

Jim and Sue

17. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend at the Round Up!

We will be camping with teardrop friends at the annual Manchester in May gathering in Iowa this weekend.

Wherever you are, have a fun & relaxing weekend! :)

And I want to hear stories...lots of good stories!!! ;)

Let the camping begin!

:cool:

18. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

can't wait to hear the good news when new baby arrives and be sure to post a picture. will be thinking about you.

19. Evan

Just got back from Mossyrock - beautiful weather, beautiful site, 9 Camp-Inns and 2 tents.

Steve wasn't sure if we would like his choice of campsite...
    [​IMG]
    Hmmm... what's not to like? The rest of the campground with all of the big RVs was across the water - we had our own 'island' all to ourselves. Plenty of room for everybody. In fact, we could have fit another 20 tears - perhaps next year... Great fun!

20. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Looks like a great spot! Glad to hear it went well.