Itinerary 2011 Nw Camp-inn Round Up - It's Official!

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Evan, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

The First Annual NW Camp-Inn Round Up will be held at Big Cedars Campground this year from August 4th (Thursday Night) to August 7th (Sunday Morning).
    Big Cedars is located in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, about 1 hour northeast from Portland.

Please RSVP so that we have a fair idea of how many people to expect. We have already booked the site, and will simply split the cost by the number of trailers that show up. If we have 10 trailers it will cost about $30 for the whole time.

Hope to see you there!

2. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Count me in.

3. Evan

Mikie Likes is in, too.

4. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Count Bob and I in. The only thing that would change it is if production in Necedah gets moved up and we have to travel there to pick up the trailer. We have no idea re the format of these things, ie. are the dinners pot lucks or on your own. If pot lucks, be sure to give us an assignment. Kathy

5. Evan

Kathy & Bob - we also have on idea about the format, so at least we can have fun having no idea together. :)

6. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

We plan to be there. Cheers!

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Evan, hopefully someone who DOES have an idea will weigh in!
    Kathy

8. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

We have a yacht club sail around Catalina, otherwise we'd head up to join you!
    Maybe another year!
    Eileen

9. Mick'nSarah

Eileen, what kind of boat do you sail? We spend a lot of time up on my parents boat in the San Juans. They now have a 46' Swan, but I grew up sailing El Toros, Lasers, and a 27' Catalina. Just love being out on the water and my 3.5 year old never sleeps so well as he does on 'Poppy's Boat'. Catalina is just beautiful too. Sailed out there with a friend in college. Amazing place.

10. Evan

Our reservation starts Thursday afternoon for the early birds (I know some people won't be able to get there until Friday night). So, there is nothing official for Thursday, but on Friday and Saturday nights we will have what the yacht people call "Green Box". This is basically where each family brings an appetizer (something simple) and a drink. We can hang out and chat, and after things wind down then go back to our own campsites for dinner. This gives us a chance to get together without the pressure of bringing a full meal. Kudos to Mick'nSarah for this great suggestion.

11. Mick'nSarah

That 'green box' is a Seattle Yacht Club thing. Apparently, it all started when folks met at the green box on a particular dock at one of the out-stations years ago, and the name stuck. It is just a social time...and the appetizers are to share (a little appetizer pot-luck!). Other clubs may call it something else...in case we have other boat-folks out there!

Looking forward to meeting everyone face to face! Thanks to Evan and Lena for putting it all together!

12. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

sounds like a great idea! Thanks, Evan and Lena AND Sara and Mick! We are really looking forward to it.

Kathy

13. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Kewl, count me in... will have to check on work time off, but should be ok arriving on Friday... noonish or so...
    this will be fun.

14. wonko

wonko Novice

I'm in. I'll put it on my calendar.

15. Evan

Glad to hear that Lyle - I was hoping it wouldn't be too far away for you.

16. jdfreeland

jdfreeland Newbie

Hi --
    We just closed on the purchase of a (barely used) Camp Inn 550 Ultra. We'd love to join the NW camp in event in August if all goes well. It will be our first group event and we're looking forward to it, but we're obviously going to be clueless.

Diana and Jim Freeland
    sailers, campers, grandparents.

17. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Diana and Jim, we'll be even more clueless because we don't even have our Camp Inn 550 Classic yet - it won't even be ready until late August, early September - so we'll be tenting. We did want to meet teardrop owners, however, so we'll be there and are looking forward to meeting you and everyone else!

18. martha

martha Newbie

I'm in. My PTO request has been approved!

19. juliatmgllc

juliatmgllc Newbie

Hi all-- Julia and her 550 "Toodles" have the dates marked on the calendar and are planning to make it too! Should be lots of fun! Thanks for organizing this. I am working on some other friends with a teardrop as well. Toodles and Dottie were nest mates--do you thing the hatchlings will recognize each other???

20. AllanFran

AllanFran Newbie

We are planning to attend the gathering in Washington in August. Our schedule not 100% yet. 2 people, 2 dogs, 1 CI teardrop. Allan_fran.