Some Additions to the Guidon

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Dahava, Mar 20, 2014.

1. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Lol, nope, just checked...with shipping, 13.22 pounds sterling = (as of today) 22 American. Still cheaper than a tank of gas to the Nest... :)

However, apparently the paper towel thing works great anyway. Stoppers are overrated!

erm, fyi, I think I've only used the stopper once, if that. I have a small plastic bin that lives in the sink, I wash in that, usually on the table. Sure, the gray water goes down the drain, but I don't wash in the sink itself. Some of that is the corner angle, because of the table. If CI offers that table extension, then my dish washing practices might change.

2. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

I'm the same way. I don't wash dishes in the sink and no yucky water goes in my grey water tank. I can't recall ever using my stopper either.

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I use a bin on the table for the wash and rinse in the sink. I use the stopper at least once a day. Works like a charm!

Oh, and we will be in the UK in August visiting Mick's family, so if you need me to pick one up, give a hollar! I will only charge you $21 in shipping! ;)

4. Wow! This looks great. We would be very interested in this addition to 'Tina'. Please keep us posted on when it would be available and the cost. Thanks

Julie and Duane

5. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

I haven't emailed CampInn yet, but rumor has it they've got the extensions available--just not yet listed on the web site. I was going to email and see when I can pick one up (that also works timing wise for when I'll be in the area).

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

The extensions are available, just have not been put on the webstore yet. Cost is $59 plus shipping. Just assembled a large pile of them today.

Cary

7. gregangsten

gregangsten Junior Ranger

Nice. The table in front of the sink has been one of the few little annoyances we have found. Any pictures of the CI version? Does it disassemble or fold up?

8. rrunneals

rrunneals Novice

So how do we order the extentions from the web site. Or should I call camp inn.

9. about 10 days ago, I called Cary re: the table extensions. He told me to go to CI website- click "on-line store"; then click "special orders". At this point we entered item description; dollar amount is $59.00- no tax- but add $20.00 for shipping. Charge to your favorite credit card on Paypal (or whatever it recommends) and presto. We received ours and it looks to be a great, well-made addition that enhances the room available in the kitchen area. We'll use it this next week at Dinkey Creek in Sierras. Happy travels.

10. michaelo

michaelo Novice

I posted pictures of the CI table extension on page 33 of "The Dew Drop Inn Chronicles" in the Excursions and Adventures Forum.

Michael

11. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

Joe, thanks for arranging and bringing the table extensions to the nw camp out.

Dave

12. kelowatts

kelowatts Newbie

Love the table extension & the towel rack is the perfect placement with classy design. Very happy Campinn will also be doing one. I hope it also includes the towel hook.

13. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Do you have any pictures of the Camp Inn table extension I am considering getting one but would like to see a picture first.

Does it just move the table all the way over or can you set any intermediate points so it juts pushes the table over a bit as some times site set up doe not warrant moving the table clear of the sink completely

14. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

The way I understand it, it moves it all the way over, and you can't adjust it to any point in between.

15. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi,

We did order it for our 550 Ultra. Somewhere I believe there was a picture...from the man who originally designed the concept. I can't remember where on the forum I saw it, though...sorry. But it moves the table to the left, so your access to the sink is not blocked....page 33 of Michaelo's "Dew Drop Chronicles" is where I saw it! Michael has a May 2014 post above where he mentions it.

Best,
    Diane

16. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

http://www.campinnforum.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=23824&page=33

to see pics of table extension

17. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

Resurrecting an old thread, but a question or two about the CI table extension hardware. Does this piece cover a portion of the driver's side tail light when driving down the road? If so, has anyone experienced an issue from law enforcement about obstructing clear view of the tail light?

18. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

The table extension comes off during travel. I tie it to the table leg in the galley with a velcro strap so it won't slide around.

19. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

Pat. Thanks for the quick answer. Regards, Ken