LIttle Buddy Propane Heater?

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Randy, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Ok what about this:

Put a skirt around the camp inn with an opening for a little buddy or some such.
    heat the space underneath the camp inn.

The problem would be if you had a propane leak underneath.

But, assuming no leaks what about this method if you had to?

I'm thinking out loud.

2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Someone on another tear drop forum suggested the Little Buddy heater is perfectly safe with the fantastic fan venting out. Not so sure I would want to chance it....

3. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

That sounds like a lot of bulk to carry around enough stuff to skirt the trailer enough to retain some of the heat + the heater. I think it would take a lot of heat to heat up the floor on a cold night from the outside. The under bed storage areas are below the floor and all that would have to be heated up before any heat would get to the floor. That's just my opinion with nothing to base it on.

4. birder526

birder526 Novice

Pat,I agree!

5. Would it be safe?

6. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

I've tried a Zodie tent heater. The burner is outside and uses a heat exchanger to warm the air that is then blown into the enclosure. This keeps the CO out. I actually have a vent hole in the bottom of the camper (I use the marine under mattress liner) to keep condensation down. I can hook the supply air into the hole via an insulated duct. I used the camper vent fan to draw air in instead of the heater blower (the small camper causes too much back pressure without an exhaust). The heater blower is 12V 2.5 amps. The burner can go through propane pretty quick. It does provide some warmth but I would say it was a lot of effort for a little heat. It's still hard to beat a down comforter.

I think the Zodie would work well blowing into the side tent.

Jerry Kemp likes this.
  7. Have you considered firewood? You don't even have to burn it. Just move it from one side of your camp to the other... will warm you right up.

--Ken

8. campdude

campdude Ranger

Ken...now ..now