Favorite Camping Chair?

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Randy, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Newbie

td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}Hey Randy, seems to be very comfortable. I adore furniture that looks good, and at the same time, it is qualitative and comfortable. What about finding good Vintage furniture? It's somehow tricky, but I found a solution that I would like to recommend to you. On a website, I found some tips about How To Identify Vintage Wrought Iron Furniture. There are some tips that you have to read and keep in mind. It's straightforward to understand. After reading these tips, I have no problem finding what I need, and now I'm sure that my furniture is made of vintage wrought iron.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Tour 931 likes this.
  2. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

Update on the StrongBack (The Most Comfortable Outdoor Chairs by STRONGBACK) chair - just saw a newer one this weekend and they've made the cup holder diameter larger - will fit the owner's Yeti tumbler so probably big enough for most camp cups.

3. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

I just bought and received this one. Only tried it in the garage so far but it's impressively comfortable. And that canopy sure can come in handy depending on where you want to sit at your campsite.

GCI SunShade Comfort Pro Chair - Blue

4. campdude

campdude Ranger

Kermit Chairs are now taking orders.

Van_and_Terri likes this.
  5. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We have 2 Kermit Chairs from our motorcycle riding days. Certainly high quality and a conversation starter.

campdude likes this.
  6. Jerry Pilcher

Jerry Pilcher Newbie

My favorite camping chair is Strongback Guru Folding Camp Chair, But most of the time I use the hammock for camping, the hammock is more comfortable for me.

Kevin likes this.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Apparently not made any more --- as is with so many 'big box' solutions ---

About 3 years ago, we picked-up a couple of bass-pro (boy I miss old cabellas!) of eclipse chairs.

Comfortable and holding up surprisingly well. Most camp chairs we've had rip out or fall apart...so far these have been pretty good. We added a really small folding camp table we set between them and it makes for quite a comfortable afternoon :D

8. M&L

M&L Ranger

I've been tempted to buy one of those for years...primarily for motorcycling, but I've also wondered about using them with the trailer. Do you find them comfortable for extended periods of time? Do you get tired of assembling and disassembling them?

9. campdude

campdude Ranger

Mike, I am in the same boat as you. Been looking at these Kermitt chairs for years. At $319 each for the Walnut ($640 for 2) it's a bit much so I shy away from it. I want to make sure that they are comfortable and that I don't get "tired" of putting them together. I can see on a motorcycle where there is limited room. Heck I used to tow an escapade trailer behind my bikes so even then I could take folding chairs.

If you do get a set, let me know your thoughts. Only 22 hours until the Blonde Walnut chairs go on sale at Kermitt.

M&L likes this.
  10. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Assembling and disassembling is a breeze after a few times. They are comfortable, but lower to the ground. They do offer leg extensions.

M&L likes this.
  11. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We bought ours from Kermit. Much cheaper those days. But most everything was!

M&L likes this.
  12. M&L

M&L Ranger

We decided to give our Costco anti-gravity chairs to our son and his wife...while extremely comfortable, they are a little bit of a pain. We replaced them with these:

Patterns

They're light but sturdy, and they have that nice old-school look that goes oh-so-well with the Camp-Inn trailers. Super comfortable, too.

Photo attached from a previous Montana trip showing them in action. We absolutely love them, though we're always on the lookout for better options (possibly the Kermits?). Caution: LIVE NUDE LAWNCHAIRS!!!

Attached Files:

13. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

14. Anthony034

Anthony034 Guest

Zero gravity chairs are my favorite camping chairs. They are super love.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2022
  15. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Strongback. Just ordered and got the rocker, very solid and more upright good for working at a table.
    Has a large multi pocket side panel that can hold phone, drinks, pens etc.

Sweeney and Anthony034 like this.