Itinerary 7th Annual Camp-inn Camp-outt

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Betsey, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Calling all teardrops,travel trailers, tenters and curious onlookers!!!!!

It's time to get out your calendar & pencil in the dates for the 7th Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt.

Come join us for a few hours, a day or the entire weekend!

Here's what you need to know:

7th Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt

When: Friday, September 24 - Sunday, September 26
    Where: Juneau County Castle Rock Park, Mauston, Wisconsin
    Registration: On-Site - Per night: $17.00/electric; $13.00/non-electric **

T-shirts & Sweatshirts: About September 1, I will post info on the cost of shirts. You can order: T-shirts - short & long sleeve & Sweatshirts - crew neck, pullover hoodie, & zip up hoodie

**The park will not be accepting advance reservations as the gathering is being held after the park’s regular season. However, please contact us to let us know if you will be coming and how many are in your group.

Come join us for a relaxing weekend at Castle Rock Park on Castle Rock Lake.

The park has over 300 campsites on 160 acres. Amenities include spots for tents and trailers, showers (bring quarters - $.25 for aobut 5 minutes), flush toilets, water, playgrounds, picnic tables, swimming (for the hardy), boating and boat access, fishing, water skiing, canoeing, grills, shelter, electricity. There are several bike trails in the area.

Pets are allowed, however, they must be leashed.

We provide information on a variety of things to see & do in the area, or you can relax & hang out at the park. We also have nightly campfires and a homemade ice cream social with Dutch oven cobblers Saturday evening.

Bring/make a dish to share at the potluck on Saturday night (dessert provided).

Sunday morning, enjoy a hot breakfast before you journey on your way, compliments of Camp-Inn.

Note: Any of you who are interested in attending the Cranberry Festival that is held in Warrens, WI the same weekend as the Camp-Outt, feel free to set up camp on Thursday evening, September 23. On Friday morning, bright and early, I will be taking a group of hardy souls to the Cranfest and give you tips on what to see & do. If you are interested in doing this, please let me know.

For more info on Cranfest, go to: www.cranfest.com

Questions? Post here, email me here or email me at camp.inn@tds.net

Hope to see you there!

2. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Is there going to be a Camp Inn shop tour this year?
    What facillities would there be for a TT. Are there sites with elect and wtr? Sewer? I'm pushin it aren't I.

g.

3. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

The Camp-Inn Camp-Outt (CICO) has grown from a humble 4 teardrops, couple of tents, & 15 people to over 30 teardrops, a couple of tiny travel trailers, a few tents & over 65 people (some come just for a day). We hold it at Castle Rock County Park in Mauston, which is about 10 miles from the shop. It is better equipped for a variety of activities.

Tour of the factory? You bet! The guys run one Saturday morning & one Saturday afternoon. They usually last about an hour.

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Yep! See my post above this one.

Yes - we camp in the electric area...if you need it, you got it, if you don't, no problem.

There aren't any water hookups a the sites where we are but there is a hand pump for water right next to our area (not as convenient, but it's there)

Not at the campsites we are at but there is a pull through dump station. I do not believer there are any sites with water/sewer hookups in the park (we've never needed any) but I will double check.

The bath/beach house is very close to where we set up.

Not at all...ya need to know this stuff. :)

We pretty much have the entire park to ourselves. It is after the regular season, so things are pretty laid back.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Just wanted to bump this thread up a bit...we are about 1 1/2 months away from the Camp-Outt & welcome all who can make it! :)

:cool:

6. Oysterpot

Betsey,
    Just dropped a note to Cary to reserve the rental Teardrop for the Camp Outt, so I guess this can serve as my request to join you all in September. I am looking forward to neeting you all and of course getting into some tear drop talk.

George

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

George,

Cool! I'll move you from the "maybe" to the "yes!" list. :)

You'll be getting an email with all the details in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to meeting you, too!

8. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Way to go George! Then you'll really have to get one.

9. Oysterpot

Well actually the 550 isn't available, so I will get to try out the 560. This will let me do somewhat of a comparison.

Are you going to be there Evan?

10. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

George,
    I am the reason the 550 isn't availalbe. Renting it for a week. First going to Black Hills, then to Camp Inn gathering.

I will be traveling from Black Hills caching vacation. Hmmm, going to plan to get caches in Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Just imagine, ending a great trip with 7 cache types in 1 day. You would be a caching Goddess to create those 7 types.
    Jean

11. Oysterpot

No problem, we can compare notes. :D Then we'll take our notes and jump on Carey and Craig! :D :D

12. Oysterpot

Oh they will probably put us in the middle and then circle their wagons around us and the point and get a chuckle out of the WANNABEEs, :D :D :D

13. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Nah! You'll fit right in & no one will know you aren't "owners" unless you tell them. :)

You will have a chance to see a variety of teardrops - home built, manufactured, & original. We usually have a few travel trailers & even some tents.

14. Jean W

Betsey,

How about you post a geocaching event for the weekend and place new caches?
    I sure would love to find event, CITO, earthcache, puzzle, multi, Where I Go, benchmark, letterbox, and traditional. That would surely be a great weekend!

Jean

15. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Jean,

Thanks for the idea. If you would like to set something like this up, I say go for it! I, sadly, am not the person to put together such an event, for a variety of reasons, which I won't bore anyone with. Let's just suffice it to say I don't geocache.

However, if anyone would like to do this, please feel free to go ahead and plan it. I know there are many people who would enjoy taking part in it.

16. Jean W

Betsey,

Cary told me your are a cacher.

17. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Lies, lies, all lies, I tell you... :D

He probably assumed I was because geography, maps, travel & treasure hunts have been my passion. Also, I'm certified in teaching secondary geography/social studies.

Learn something new everyday about the people you thought you'd known for years, eh Cary? :grin:

18. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

This morning, I emailed updated info to all who have indicated they are planning on attending the Camp-Outt.

If you are planning on attending & did not receive the email, please let me know, so I can get you the info.

19. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

We are currently at 30 teardrops, 10 states, 56 people confirmed, 4 maybes, & a whole bunch of "unknowns."

Keep 'em coming! :)

20. Glenn

Glenn Newbie

Opal & I woud like to join you all for the gathering this year. We have made them in Missouri, Indiana, and Mich and look forwrd to making more new friends...please count the two of us in. We had planned on going to the Cranfest so it should work out well...see ya soon