Your favorite Paper Towel holder

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Mick'nSarah, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Jenn,

Ours is installed on the other "right" side when facing the galley. LOL I assume you were just trying it out on the left hand side?

I wasn't able to take a picture of ours as I've misplaced my camera...and now we are 400 miles from home, so I'm glad you were able to post a picture.

:cool:

2. That is a very different one. AJ or Michelle - does the roll fall out before it gets completely used up?

AND....you can see my tow vehicle and rented 560 just beneath the paper towel roll in the last photo above. The orange blob in front of the Tear is a brilliantly colored little Maple tree in full orange fall glory.

EDIT: Oh wait! I can see that there is a spindle of some sort that goes through the roll.

3. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

You can do a Google search for Blomus Wires Paper Towel Holder - Wrap, prices & shipping vary. I think I got mine from Meijer, but they didn't come up in my search this time …but good ol' Amazon did.

ps.
    credit goes to Steve for this one, we saw his @ CICO-8 last year.

4. So ---- Michelle and AJ -- you mounted yours on the left side, it looks like Jenn and Betsey have their holders mounted on the right side. Since drilling holes in our Tears must be a HUGE decision, I'm curious what thoughts (if any) were behind location.

5. Bunni

Bunni Novice

Rick,
    Our holder is just like Jenn's. We put it on the left. We have the Dometic refrigerator. The venting for it is on the right and we didn't want the paper towels to possibly interfere with it. It took us over a year to drill the first hole.
    Meribeth

6. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Rick,
    We just thought it was the natural place to be for us. Kinda out of the way over the sink and table…wet hands, reach up and grab a paper towel. Keeps all the clean up messy area on one side of the galley.

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

We often set stuff in our sink, so the left side wouldn't work for us. Don't store stuff on the right, as it can cause the water pump switch to accidentally get bumped on while traveling, which will ruin the pump if the faucet isn't all the way off. Also the design of our holder works better on the right.

8. Dang! Yet another split decision amongst the Camp Inn crowd!

Good and valid reasons for installing on BOTH sides! I guess this will be yet another one of those things where I will have to just get a season under my belt so that I can decide for myself.

9. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

And here's another: do you hang the paper with the sheet draping over or under?

Tee-he-he...

Sue

10. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Always over...under drives me nuts! Same with TP. :/

11. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Could not agree with you more Betsey!

12. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Always under,over drives me nuts. :)

13. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Always UNDER, same as the toilet paper. It goes back to the days when the kids were small - so if they got to it and felt the need to play 'Spin the Toilet Paper', we didn't wind up with the entire roll on the floor...

14. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

All ways over. The hotel/motel establishments agree with the lead corners folded to assist finding and grabbing it.

15. Monica

Monica Novice

Mine is on the right, pull sheets from under.

16. Ha Ha! 8 days before the Presidential Election it is refreshing to hear a vigorous argument about paper towel and TP roll placement!

17. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Yes! And there will be no mudslinging on this forum....unless it's a demo on which paper towel cleans it up the best.

Jim

18. Re: Your favorite Paper Towel holder/help

Finally plucked up the courage to install paper towel holder as above on first spar as shown - ran into something very hard like metal when we drilled our pilot holes. Now we have 4 little holes and don't know if we should continue- is there metal in the spars??!!

19. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Re: Your favorite Paper Towel holder/help

That's interesting. I don't think there would be - can't wait for one of the CampInn folks to answer.

20. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Re: Your favorite Paper Towel holder/help

Can you post a picture so we can have a better idea of what it looks like? The holders I have seen only have 2 screws, so I'm just trying to get a better idea of exactly where you are finding the resistance.