550 / 560 Would You Do It Again

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Oysterpot, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Don't forget the couch in the 560. It's pretty comfortable when it's raining.

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Evan,
    The couch in the 560 is a MUST for us! Haven't got ours yet, but on cold or rainy nights with AC or a heater going we will be snug as a bug in a rug! I love hearing it rain while I'm sleeping or watching TV!

3. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

I guess this senario was my concern when I posed the question. I am not sure my question was totally clear. I am not referring to CI, but to the total tear concept.
    All responses have been to the positive, with the small negative at the last. I think I am going to see a 550 in a short while, and see it in action. I appreciate everyones responses. Judging from the photos that you all have provided, and especially the build photos, I have no doubt the quality of the Camp-Inn of the best.
    Thank you

George

4. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

George, if you want to see a 550 and a dozen other tears plus a few other tiny trailers in action come on down to Cloudland Canyon, GA (Just south of Chattanooga)on July 16th or 17th. Most will get there on the 15th for a four state Tear Jerker gathering. You will find a few singles (men & women)with tears to talk with. There are still some sites open if you want to camp - 2 night min. A reservation is highly recommended & they have cabins too. Just Google Cloudland Canyon.

Anyone else within range is welcome to drop by or join in also. Most, if not all, will be in the West rim campground.

Evan, I'm not sure a 560 is a teardrop. The back looks like one but the front looks like a pony trailer. It is sort of like a centaur.

Hilditch

5. Oysterpot

That sounds interesting and fun. Only thing I can see bad about that is I think I have to try and get past South Pittsburgh, TN. My truck doesn't get passed that town with out a fight. Lodge Mfg. homes there. I have Castironitis really bad. LOL

Would my big ole travel trailer be welcome? Chuck Truck is a given.

6. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

So stop & get an aebleskiver pan if you don't have one. They are fun and great for meatballs too.

As a state park I think Cloudland lets anything it. You just won't get to show it off 40 times if it isn't a tear.

Hilditch

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

:D
    And that is why it is called a Raindrop - so our teardrop purist friends wouldn't roast us alive. :)

BTW...Craig has always thought it looked like a mini horse trailer. :D

:cool:

8. Oysterpot

I just might come down for the day on Saturday, We'll see as the date gets closer.

Thanks

George