Leveling Jacks Where Is Leveling Jack?

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Carla McCullough, Jul 3, 2022.

1. My ratchet solution (see attached).
    Swivel-head 3/8" drive ratchet
    20" extension
    19 mm wobbly (socket w/ universal joint built in)

Compact storage, allows both hands to work the rotation, easy to reach the jack (clears bumper and less stooping), allows for misalignment, promotes happiness.

Attached Files:

Van_and_Terri likes this.
  2. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

The manufacturer in Necedah told me it is safe to use the stabilizer to change a tire. Some Elkart stabilizers are wimpy. The ones Camp-Inn uses are not at all wimpy when used to lift one side at a time.

3. SethB

SethB Ranger

Per CI’s previous posts, we have Ultra-Fab 24” stabilizers (link).

According to eTrailer (link), the capacity is 6500LB.

They are listed as stabilizers, not levelers.

I just replaced mine with OEM, I believe that lifting with one is fine for leveling, but the side-to-side stability would be unacceptable and might lead to failure if both tires were off the ground. This seems to follow guidance from CI about leveling: level up with one, the other stabilizer should only touch the ground.

Lipster posted while I was writing this - I think they are also correctly interpreting the info. It’s why we can change a tire … IF the other tire stays on the ground! I’d also want the trailer on the hitch for more stability when changing a tire.

From the 2022 manual:
    Leveling - If the ground in the campsite is not level, the trailer should be leveled, side-to-side. Adjust the leveling jack on the ―Low‖ side first. When the trailer is level side-to-side, lower the leveling jack on the ―High‖ side until it touches the ground.
    NEVER use the leveling jacks to lift BOTH wheels off the ground at the same time, while the trailer is in use.

4. The jack manufacturer or Camp Inn?​

I agree. Based on my intuition and experience, they look quite robust and I previously had no concern about lifting the trailer weight. But, if there's information to the contrary I'd like to know. Of course, they are not designed for lateral loading and it is good to keep at least one chocked tire on the ground.

Edit: thank you SethB who posted while I was writing.​

5. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

Cary @ Camp-Inn
    No one is advising to lift both wheels off the ground to change a tire. Just the one that needs changing.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  6. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Get yourself some cheap RV level blocks at Walmart…I carry 2 at a time as that’s generally all that’s needed for side to side. Then use the front Jack for front to rear leveling. The drop the rear stabilizers.

Kevin likes this.
  7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Exactly. As an aviation enthusiast, these tickle my fancy.

I've also seen some people use the "Snap bracelets" -- Camco even sells a set just for this purpose. Search for "Camco RV Steering Wheel Check Bands (53098)"

I'm glad I dont' have that much stuff to possibly forget any more :D

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I've used these too for cord managment -- I can't tell you how many black "hook & loop" or velcro wraps I've given to the people who stayed in a site after we left.... Bright orange makes them a lot eaiser to find