Announcement What? It's Not Ready Yet?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Dahava, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

We got these pillows at Target for $15 each when we got our trailer - perfect for sitting reading the paper/a book having coffee/beer/etc.
    [​IMG]

When it's time to sleep, they go up on the duffel shelf.

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Ken & Peggy we use the same pillows for the same reasons and they work great.

3. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

I remember those! Grandma had one in the corner of the sofa. Loved rolling around on it when I was a kid. Glad to see they're still making them 'cause I need one for Spamalot. Thanks for sharing that info!

Sue

4. 1Door

1Door Novice

You campers are all just WAY too funny!!

5. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Got a few build pics yesterday. Just a hint of what looks like our mahogany headliner showing on this one!

[​IMG]

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

That mahogany looks great.

7. Bev

Bev Novice

SWEET! Thank you for sharing. I know you are very excited!

8. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Mahogany??? Yikes... I knew I couldn't go through the factory tour.. heheh, sweet... all the new things being added... I don't wanna know about'em... LOL... I'm already having a hard time holding back on some items... can't wait to see it...

Pillows? I guess REI has those pad chairs, maybe that's the "Rocking Chair"1 referred to ??
    Like this? (Hmm, tag doesn't work here..)

[URL]
    http://www.rei.com/product/830324/crazy-creek-hex-20-original-camp-chair[/URL]

The two, count'em just Two, work fine... but 4 would be better..heheh, ain't gonna do it...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  9. michaelo

michaelo Novice

It looks like your trailer is coming along beautifully, the mahogany sure looks cool! We hope to get our build pictures soon. Thanks for posting yours.

Michael

10. The mahogany looks great! Thanks for posting as I'll be living vicariously thru these pictures for the next 6 months!

On a side note, I've started listening to your podcast and I love it. I'm still on the early shows, but such great information. I've also started folding my shirts like Vanessa demonstrated on YouTube, simply genius. I'm wearing shirts that have been hidden for years at the bottom of my drawer! :crazy:

11. 1Door

1Door Novice

It's great watching the campers come to life! You will be so happy with the detail to construction that goes into yours, as we all are.

12. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Looks great, Dan! Hmmm... SnuggleBug needs mahogany.

13. Jim and Sue L.

Sweet. I really, really want a compass rose somewhere in Spamalot. Been whining about it to Jim ever since we saw #500.

Keep the picks coming. This is fun.

Sue

14. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Thanks, everyone!

Won't be long Yes, it does look like it's coming along well and we're super excited!

Frank- We don't even have ours yet and the temptation for "accessories" is already strong!

To TheBlackFamily- Glad you're enjoying the show! We actually talk about our vacation in the rental 560 in Episode 35 and a little bit again in last week's show (Episode 43), too! We had such fun.

15. Jim and Sue L.

Ah, accessories... So darn much fun. Bass Pro, Cabellas; toy stores for nuts like us. Don't wait, start window shopping right now. It's all part of the waiting game. Enjoy.

Sue

16. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

Dan & Vanessa,

Joan and I cheated... we just could't handle the wait for a new build so we bought a used 2005 - 550 Ultra... and we drove from Maryland to Arizona to get it. Some of our friends think we are a little nuts, but hey, they just don't understand. We have our fix and are loving it.

Last weekend we camped in VA... Since we were tent campers prior to our CI purchase, we already had lots of gear, much of which we left in the garage on our last trip. You'll get a feel for what you need and what you can live without.

Our next big purchase will probably be a screen house to enclose the galley and make rainy outings more tolerable. If you haven't read all the screen house posts yet, dive in! There's lots of good info there. See:

http://www.campinnforum.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8150&nt=10&page=1

Eric_

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  17. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Eric-

I can't blame you and Joan one bit for "cheating"! It feels like it has been a long wait, but in reality it's only been a few months. Plus, we spent 3 weeks of that in the 560 rental!

We already have about 90% of what we think we'll need, but it sure is fun seeing all the "accessories" that people buy!

Thanks for the link...hope we cross paths one day!

18. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Dan,

Once you've had your fun collecting all of the things that you need, then you can have fun for the next few years simplifying as you learn to need less and less. :) Fun!

19. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Evan- That's EXACTLY how Frank explained it! He said there's 3 steps: 1- The "Get everything you think you need" phase, 2- The "Get rid of everything you do't need phase", and 3- Buy the stuff you REALLY need phase.

Sounds about like the natural cycle of things. Thankfully, we're used to keeping things pretty simple. hopefully we'll be able to do it in just 1 phase! We'll see...

20. Dahava

Dahava Novice

It's November...it won't be long now!!!