What do you wish you had asked but didn't?

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by ghaynes, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

AJ,

Apparently you haven't seen this thread... :D :D

Remote

You must read it from the start...it is quite enlightening... :eek:

:cool:

2. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Betsey,

Thanks for the link... I knew I could get a remote if I wanted one. I would class it up a little and rig it with celling fan chains and CI key fob pulls on each end... too funny!

Oh, and thanks for the hoodie, I forgot to let you know I received it.

AJ

3. Lh303

Lh303 Novice

Hi Jenn,

I installed a couple under the small shelves at the head of the bed (one on each side). I also mounted one on the right side in the galley for my keys. I was always misplacing them (note I didn't say lose) since that is my wife's term. Now as soon as I open everything the keys go on their designated hook and I know exactly where they are. By the way at night after I lock up the galley the keys and a small LED flashlight hang on the hook next to my pillow. No more fumbling in the dark on the shelf where I used to store keys, a small flashlight, my wallet, and my glasses,and when in bear country pepper spray, something would always drop on the bed when grappling in the dark.
    Leo

4. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Jenn

Thanks for asking about the dream. Based on lots of reading and feedback here's what I have on the list.

Air Conditioning
    SUV Off Road
    Electric Brakes or Electric Brakes w/Park
    AGM Battery Upgrade
    Batt Isolator
    Stainless Steel Bumper
    Backup Lights
    Sunroof w/Bug screen and curtain
    Furnace, Propane RV Style
    Solar Hookup
    Alcan Cover Raindrop
    Door Screens (Pr.)
    Galley Windscreens (Pair)
    Side Tent
    Rainfly for Side Tent
    AC/DC Fridge
    Insulated Cover  - 
    Water Heater,  - 4 Pc. Kit
    Spare Tire
    Adapter 15A-30A
    25 Ft Gas/Water Extension
    Trailer hitch

So the open questions and pro/cons I could still use help with are:
    1. Electric brakes are definitely in (big hills in Colorado and they help even when towing with my short GMC Yukon). Question for the group is whether to get it with the parking option. Pros of the park option are that you have more control on uneven surfaces in moving and stopping while you are by yourself. (Note that I am going to ask Cary about adding a handle on the front as I saw in one photo, like a grab bar).
    2. Dometic or Novakooler for the fridge. Pro for Dometic is that there are service centers throughout the US, just not in Colorado. Con for Novakooler is that it goes back to Canada for service if needed. So, to the group has anyone ever needed any service on their Dometic? Not sure that the Novakoolers have a track record.
    3. Decided against the TV. Like the idea of added space, have my Macbook or iPad for music and movies and when I get my Netflix DVDs I burn them to the iPad. Even thought that in the next 10 years (77 years in Bear time) who will be using DVD's anyways...
    4. Things to ask for from Cary - upgrade on Fan to the rain version, additional outlet on outside for the fridge, wire for the TV antenna just in case, how the hot tub option in place of the under floor storage really is working out.

Other stuff
    REI Alcove - I can use my rebate on that one
    MSR single burner stove - off site use and a backup
    Better locks - hub locking system, better tongue/ball locks than I have, set of wheel lug nut lock replacements.
    (On a side note a friend had his art show trailer stolen while it was parked in a lighted hotel lot in Houston last year. Never saw it again. Police said that utility trailers are an easy steal in Texas and that Texas and a couple of other states don't require any VIN check when registering a trailer so hard to catch. Wonder if the same is true for a CI.)
    PETT Toilet
    Several gallons of Woody Wax

All of the other stuff I learned about here on the site. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

That's about it....