Update We Have Our Teardrop!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by birder526, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

where at in Texas?

2. birder526

birder526 Novice

We're in Livingston. East Texas. Getting our domicile established. At Escapees campground.

3. Rick  Sarah

Rick Sarah Novice

So excited for you both. Pray you have a wonderful time building memories on the road. Really can't wait to get our 560.

4. birder526

birder526 Novice

Rick and Sarah, thanks for your kind comments! Before you know it you will have your teardrop! Look forward to hearing about your adventures!

5. BeckyIO

BeckyIO Novice

Sweet! I'm a South Dakota resident right now but will likely be "moving" to Livingston later this year due to health insurance reasons. Enjoy your time in Texas. :)

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

Becky, let me know if I can help you with any questions about establishing a domicile in Texas. We are staying at Escapees campground in Livingston until next Friday. We'll get our teardrop and car inspected and get them registered after getting our drivers licenses. We're also using the time to bird watch and get the trailer and car more organized. Got health insurance through Kyle who is a full-timer insurance agent and the health care market place (blue cross blue shield of Texas). Hope to meet you along the way!

7. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Let me know when you are passing through Austin

8. BeckyIO

BeckyIO Novice

Diane and Michael,

Sounds like we're on the same page. :) I had already planned to go through Escapees (I'm actually going to be providing content for their new Xscapers lifestyle group) and from research knew that BCBS in Texas was the best option on the Marketplace there: that's actually why I'm leaving South Dakota, no more valid health insurance options for younger full-timers now that the ACA has kicked in.

Have fun and hope to meet you two on the road someday.

9. birder526

birder526 Novice

Will do! Thanks!