Wood Paneling Walnut Interior

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Pick, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Pick

Pick Novice

Can any one direct me to pictures or video of the walnut used in the galley and cabin. Waiting for a 560 Ultra and have time to change things. Looks pretty but does it darken and make the interior seem smaller?
    thanks,
    MDP

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

I think you are referring to the mahogany that is used?

I'm assuming you have already seen the pictures from the Camp-Inn website, but just in case, I will post them here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The mahogany does make it a little darker inside but not overpowering.

There are a few here on the forum who have the mahogany option. Perhaps they will provide their insight.

:cool:

3. Dahava

Dahava Novice

We have the Mahogany option and LOVE it! Now, I'll say up front that we spent 3 full weeks in the 560 rental this past summer. It has the standard panels and we were perfectly happy with that, too. But in our new 560 the mahogany, for us, just give an extra special feel to the cabin. It only slightly darkens it, but the visual contrast between the woods is amazing. I can only describe the woodwork as very "yacht-like", and the darker mahogany just accentuates that. Plus, the non-lined mahogany panels (I think) look just a bit richer than than the lined oak standard panels. Just my take.

Synopsis: Both are beautiful, but mahogany gets my vote!

4. Pick

Pick Novice

Thanks guys just the kind of input I was looking for.
    MDP

5. Pick

Pick Novice

Thanks Betsey, I have seen those pictures. Just need a few more visuals to decide.
    MDP

6. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Wow, that is just stunning...the contrasting colors look incredible.

I assume that is paneling over the plywood construction?

By the way, I know the roof is insulated but are the sides insulated as well?

7. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

The sides are not insulated - just the 3/4" ply with aluminum skin. This is the way 99.9% of teardrops are built.

8. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

So pretty. Jim loves the look. Maybe, when we hit the lotto, we'll have an up-grade.

With the compass rose inlay in the galley....

Sue

9. michaelo

michaelo Novice

A little late to this... Susan and I love our mahogany upgrade, we think it adds a most luxurious look to the cabin area. We have lived on our very small boat ( it's 31 feet on deck but in this age of bigger is better it is considered small)"Talelayo" for the past 9 years now. People say to us all the time " how can you live in such a small space" and I tell them a finely fitted yacht of impeccable craftsmanship is a pure pleasure to live with and on. I marvel everyday we are aboard of the beauty, efficientcy and function of our little home. Now of coarse no matter how beautiful a boat is if your going to live on it it has to function as a home and our Cape George Cutter does. We have a working galley with propane stove/oven, sink with running water and refrigeration. Our salon has 2 bench seats where each of us can sit back or stretch out and watch TV, read, etc. A head with hot showers and clothes storage opposite and going forward a large double bunk.

We're spending our 66th night in Dewey tonight, it's a tad chilly out so we're snuggled in early. The extraordinary craftsmanship of our trailer adds to the comfort of the experience. Our neighbors in their 40 foot motor homes, I'm sure are scratching their heads wondering how could we be comfortable in a 8 foot trailer... and there lies the magic of Camp-Inn trailers and other objects of beauty, they just do. It is never about size, it's about quality. Now like our boat Camp-inn trailers have to offer the comforts in order to be enjoyed by their owners. A warm comfy bed, ample storage and efficient galley are essential comforts. It is the ethereal aspects of the design that make them so enjoyable, the pleasing exterior shape, the auminum skin, the stainless steel galley the birch ply interior and now the mahogany paneling.

Michael

NH Wanderlust likes this.
  10. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Michael,

Outstanding commentary. Do you write advertisements?

Jean

11. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Michael...you are one eloquent sonofagun! Well said!

12. michaelo

michaelo Novice

Jean, is that an offer. I'm available! Ha ha. I guess I feel strongly about things that are well made. I love good design and I admire we'll executed craftsmanship. Don't see much of that these days so when I do see it I gush a bit.

Dan and Vanessa, thanks for the kind words, I'm sure all y'all Camp-Inn owners are as proud of your little trailers as Susan and I are of ours, I'm just so glad I'm able to spit it out once in a while. Nice to have this great forum to be able to do the spitten, thanks to Evan. I think that's enough thanking for one post.

Michael

13. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

Y'all folks shore talk purty.