Venezia Surpasses 100 Nights

Discussion in '100 Nights' started by RShep, Nov 13, 2019.

1. RShep

RShep Novice

Roger Shepherd
    550 Special #0766
    Towed by 2016 Mazda CX-5 2.5 Liter
    Travel Miles through Nov 2019 23, 989

From Venezia's first 2 night trip in June 2018 until November 2019 she has been a cozy home for 120 nights. From the FL heat where AC was a life saver to freezing cold nights in the high mountains of AZ and UT without power where a good mummy sleeping bag was all the warmth needed she has been a joy to own.

Venezia has traveled the Natchez Trace Trail through Mississippi, BlueRidge Parkway, Upper Peninsula of MI, Big Bend Nat'l Park in TX, Carlsbad Caverns, Guadalupe Mtn Nat Park, Mammoth Caves, several GA and FL state parks and a grand western adventure of 52 nights primarily in NM, AZ, UT, NV and CA. Her western adventure included touring Albquerque, Santa Fe, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Bisbee, Monterey, Moab, Canyon de Chelley, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Zion Nat Pk, Saguaro Nat Pk, Cedar Breaks Nat Mon, Arches Nat Pk, Canyonlands Nat Pk, Grand Staircase Escalanta Nat Mon, Bears Ears Nat Mon, Great Basin Nat Park, Yosemite Nat Pk, Kings Canyon and Sequoia Nat Pks as well as CA Hwy 1 from San Francisco to Morro Bay. She has boondocked in the deserts stayed in RV Parks with Astroturf and prefers her solitude provided by dispersed camping on BLM and National Forest lands.

Attached Files:

2. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Roger,

Wow - I know how hard those long hauls are - so many miles, yes with wonderful destinations... but it takes a commitment and dedication to do those long miles in between. Congratulations on an amazing list of destinations... some of our country's best public places. Canyon de Chelley and Great Basin - are some of our "best of the unpromoted" .... Impressive list of visits. Keep it up.

LisaNKevin likes this.
  3. NH Wanderlust

NH Wanderlust Junior Ranger Donating Member

Stunning!

4. gregangsten

gregangsten Junior Ranger

Like your galley canopy setup. Did a search of that company's stuff and it looks like they don't sell it anymore.

5. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hi, Roger. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you about your pins. Please send me your address in a private message (KathyBob) and I'll get them out right away. Kathy Piggott

6. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Got your address from Camp-inn. I'll send your pins tomorrow. Kathy

Hey, Roger! I realized when I opened my "pin trove" that I had already sent pins in November! Being retired keeps messing with my mind! Hope all is well with you. Kathy

PS, good job with the pictures, that was quite a trip!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020