Tv Viewing Angle

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by M&L, Nov 26, 2020.

1. M&L

M&L Ranger

My wife, youngest daughter, and I just completed our maiden voyage in our shiny new 560 Ultra from Wisconsin back to Northern California (pics coming as soon as I get a chance to upload them!). I though I'd pass along our solution to improving the TV viewing angle.

When we're sitting on the sofa, there is no issue seeing the TV in its normal, upright position. However, when laying down on the bed, the image is discolored due to the viewing angle. We recognized that we could fix it by somehow temporarily lowering the angle of the TV downward just a little bit for those occasions where we are watching from the bed. Our solution was a $2 rubber door stop that we insert between the wood surrounding the TV and the wood cabinet frame that the TV rests against when upright. Works great!

As a side note, our first two movies were Top Gun (my favorite) and Grease (wife's favorite). We're not big watch-TV-while-camping people (it just seems so wrong!), but dang, it sure is a nice luxury! Cary said our is the second-to-last TV they're installing...sounds like the manufacturer doesn't make the TV anymore, and it's not that popular of an option (many folks are perfectly happy using a tablet or laptop). We're glad we added it, though!

LisaNKevin and Van_and_Terri like this.