Tripod Mountable Light

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Ben, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

I recently added a new piece of gear that so far (2 trips) is working very well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KQ309BU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like that I can mount it on a tripod and direct the light in pretty much any direction. I typically run paracord across my camp site and will hang lights from it but this light is a bit easier to deploy and doesn't require any trees. It has 3 different color temperatures (I mostly use the warm light ~2700K) and multiple brightness levels. It also can be used as a USB power bank (10,000 mAH). I'll post some pics below of it in use.

Attached Files:

Kevin S and Sweeney like this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Looks like a nice solution to late evening arrivals! I've used the backup light a few times, but its too low to the ground for general lighting purposes.

Kevin S likes this.
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

It came today. I didn't do much more than hook it up briefly, just to do a quick trial in the driveway.

Being a hoarder, I'm happy to say I had 20+ feet of propane hose to go from the QC to the driveway. This is why my garage is such a pit! I keep everything. Of course, I throw it away or sell it, and immediately -- I'll need it.

Going from the tank to the torch gives a huge flame -- 12-18 inches, perhaps? But, its loud --- I can hear the tank whistling, and the flame itself is very loud. You can hear the gas escaping. I'd never want to run it that high..

When using the QC port it 1/2-3/4 of that, but is much quieter. Hopefully, I'll get a one-nighter in the next 2-3 weeks. I just willb e sure to take an extra tank with me -- I am guessing the fuel consumption is quite high, higher than the published numbers.....

Van_and_Terri and Kevin S like this.
  4. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Did you mean to put this post here? Tripod Torch

Kevin S likes this.