Theft Deterrent Technique

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by dirty6, Nov 26, 2021.

1. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

The title is a little tongue in cheek - this is more of a maintenance post. After some axle/weight issues (our blame), the tires on Muriel have worn super unevenly with the outside edge wearing down dramatically more than the rest of the tire. Since they are directional tires, I can’t just take the port wheel and put it on the starboard side and vice-versa. Instead, the tires need to be removed from the wheels and swapped to the opposite wheels, then re-mounted. Hopefully this allows us to get some more life out of them. If not, we are due for replacements at around 15k miles of life.

Last week I winterized Muriel and parked her in the (covered) storage lot for winter. I yanked the battery out for tending on a charger in the house, and removed the propane tank as well. And, for this year only, after I jacked both the wheels off the ground I also removed them and put them in my truck to take to the local tire shop.

As I left, I couldn’t help but chuckle and say to myself (in a very Dad Voice), “well that thing ain’t going anywhere for awhile.”

Happy holidays, ya’ll

Warren Mary Ellen and Kevin S like this.
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Good thought actually….lock picking lawyer has convinced me locks are pretty much to scare off the undetermined.

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

The world today NEEDS more laughter. Dostoyevski believed it was beauty, but after the last year, I'm pinning my hopes on smiles. I miss seeing people smile.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Kevin S likes this.
  4. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

Making people smile is such a privilege and delight!!

By way of follow up, the trailer tires were too far gone and had to be replaced. Oh well. At least it was a really, really good 15k miles.

Kevin S likes this.
  5. campdude

campdude Ranger