The Summer Project

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ken & Peggy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Here's what's been dominating my time and, often, my thoughts for the better part of 6 weeks. Our old porch needed replacing after 20+ years, and so I thought "I can build a new one!" Well, it was a bit harder than I thought (building 2 sets of stairs), but it's finally done and we're enjoying it. Nothing fancy - not room for much more than the 2 Cabela's 'barcaloungers' and a table - but it's a nice spot to sit and read the paper with a cup of coffee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

That's really cool! You did a heck of a good job.

So..., do you do windows?

Sue

3. Ken & Peggy

Thanks Sue - Windows? That's cleanup, I just create the mess...

4. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Beautiful! Nice work!

We are giving up a couple of weekends of camping to put in a new side fence. Mick said we should go to the beach, and when I asked him "when?" he couldn't answer me. We need to get this man out more!

At least there is plenty of summer left, so now you can get out and enjoy some camping and relax, that your job is finished!

5. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Nice job.
    Now that you have experience and the tools I have a few small projects for you. I have a place you can camp at night and work during the day. :/

6. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Nice job! I like the awning too.

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Wow, Ken, that is so impressive! What a wonderful job. Hopefully, it's in the shade some of your day given how hot it's been there.

Kathy

8. Ken & Peggy

Thanks all. There were days that I just put in a couple hours before it got too stinkin' hot to continue. And now that it's done, we have every available weekend through Fall to get outta Dodge, starting this weekend. Not sure where yet, but it'll be somewhere cool at night and dry during the day...

9. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Looks great Ken. I won't let Jay see the pics, I don't want her to get any ideas.

10. Ken & Peggy

Thanks George. A neighbor saw it and the next day her husband came by to say 'thanks a lot!'. Wasn't that nice of him?

11. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

If you have driveway access to your backyard you could park your TD on the lawn and have a little Camp Inn getaway when you don't have the time to leave town.

Jim

12. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Yeah! Mick just decided he wants to have fun instead of putting in a new fence! That means more camping days at the beach! Woo-hoo! Glad he came to his senses (even though the new fence would be really nice to have...it is easier to dig when the ground is wet anyway!).