The Road to Nova Scotia...

Discussion in 'Long Haul' started by Ken & Peggy, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

This qualifies as long haul! You can move this thread to the Long Haul section and claim a pin if you want.

Ken & Peggy and Jim Carter like this.
  2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Well I think I'll do that Evan, great idea. Our 1st official Long Haul...

3. Ken & Peggy

We spent 24 days traveling just over 5,500 miles, visited 7 states (Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine) and 4 Canadian provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador and Prince Edward Island).

Our 2008 550 Ultra #266 proved to be its usual comfortable self towed easily by our 2013 4-door Tacoma.

We visited some incredibly beautiful places and met some very good people all along the way.

4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It sounds like to moved each day. How did that go?

5. Ken & Peggy

We moved more than we would have liked. The distance from home to the Maritimes (and back) ate up over a week, but the fact that we had to cut things short and come home sooner than originally planned had us moving quicker than we like to see the places on our 'agenda'. Normally we visit a place and take the attitude 'if we dont get there this time we'll see it next time we get back'. But we really didn't want to wait for next time...

6. Ken & Peggy

OK, after many weeks the good people at Yakima decided to pay for the damages caused by their rack failure. It took a follow-up call by me but it got done. The camper is up in Necedah now being made beautiful again.
    Yakima staff was straightforward about what they needed throughout the process and, aside from the total time to resolution, handled the issue very well... :)

7. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

8. Ken & Peggy

Thanks Lisa and Kevin, we covered some incredibly scenic and unique territory. I'd recommend it if you've not been there before.

9. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

I put it on my list. :) We've already been thinking about a trip to Maine so it would be a nice addition.