Table-top Trash Bag Holder

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Steve and Karen, Oct 6, 2023.

1. I know that others have posted their trash solutions. Thought I'd start a new one. I found this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Garbage-Plastic-Bracket-Organizer/dp/B07FW39TVG

It solves the problem of trying to keep a grocery bag open wide enough that you're not slopping muck onto the sides, or top of it, or missing the hole completely. Or forcing you to use one hand to hold it open and the other hand to hold whatever it is, dump, or scrape. It's accessible, and not tucked under the table, or hanging off a single ancient nail in a tree on the other side of the campsite. It works with handled grocery bags of all sizes. (While we still have them and they aren't outlawed.)

I saw many similar devices with a uniform rim that only work with trash bags of specific sizes; they require a friction fit and stretch to keep them on. A lot of them are also designed for the amount of trash generated by large picnic groups. This is the right size for a couple people for a day or two.

This is not designed for the thickness of a picnic table; however, you could bend it into shape... but at your own risk. And I wouldn't be constantly re-setting the arms for different table-tops. As designed, it works precisely with the thickness of C-I's table-tops.

View attachment upload_2023-10-6_18-12-17.jpeg

View attachment upload_2023-10-6_18-13-20.jpeg

It's an awkward fit in the bins. YMMV. But I found that for storage/transport, and at just over 1.5" thick, it can be strategically placed behind the Dometic in the galley, and do double-duty creating a substantial air space at the rear of the cooler (providing the required air-flow for the compressor), and keeping the stored side table from blocking the air space at the top. That is, if one is inclined to operate the fridge while it is stored there. It forces the cooler a tiny bit onto the countertop. But the other folding table can still plug in, and the galley hatch can close.

rmbrowder, Kevin S, Turnip936 and 2 others like this.
  2. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

We just put one edge of the top of the trash bag under the cooler and it hangs open?

3. Overland24

Overland24 Newbie

Great idea! I just placed my order. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin S and Calvin & Jane like this.
  4. Thanks Overland. I also like the idea that you can easily move it between the two table-tops, and on different sides of them, depending upon where and how you are working in the galley, and which way the wind blows. And whether or not you want to be staring at it.

Kevin S, Overland24 and dustinp like this.
  5. Kevin S

Kevin S Ranger

Really good tip!