Spare Marinco Charger

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Steve and Karen, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Our 2018 has a Marinco charger. I don't know what the failure rate of the chargers is over the long term; I do know that Marinco is a high quality one, but it is essentially unserviceable if it does go wonky. Putting it to use pretty much 24 /7 /365 (we leave our plugged in all the time per C-I's recommendations) does increase these odds of a future failure somewhat, I would argue.

Given how neat and surgical the factory installation was, I didn't look forward to the time (if and when) it needed to be replaced with another charger, but only being able to source an similarly functioning and quality one of completely different dimensions (Marinco or other)... and then having to alter the bin installation design. A straight-up plug'n'play replacement seemed prudent.

Cary sent one of slightly different appearance, but the same model# and dimensions. C-I's price on these is extremely attractive.

I will put the new one to use as my garage Smart Charger. That way both will have to fail before I need to do any surgery on the trailer. If it never fails, great; I have a quality charger for my other batteries, and I can ditch or donate my chargers of lesser quality.

Kevin S likes this.
  2. Vince G

Vince G Novice

I had one fail. Purchase from Cary. Great instructions and they even didba lot of prework in kit. Replacement was easy except the tight confines,

Kevin S and Steve and Karen like this.
  3. Thanks Vince. Good to know. I figured that an identical replacement would likely be a tight go. But overall, it looked do-able.

I'd be a lot less confident of attaining a "factory-quality" install with an entirely different make or model.

Kevin S likes this.