Smh At People New To Outdoors Rec.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Warren Mary Ellen, May 23, 2021.

1. I know we had a recent thread about all the people new to camping & the issues it brings. Today we went to a nearby state park with our kayaks. We were ready to get off the water & at the ramp a couple who had gotten there ahead of us to get out. They appeared to be almost done & had both kayaks in their truck. We just paddled around near the ramp & we noticed the guy was fishing from the ramp instead of driving away.

As soon as we were able to get out of the water & I was about walk up the ramp a car with 3 kayaks on top drives forward down the ramp. The ramp is close to 200 ft long & a pretty steep hill. I walked past her leaving Mary Ellen with the kayaks. After I got to the top, they had not done anything to get their kayaks off the roof of the car. I backed my truck down & we loaded up around them. I wanted to stick to see her back up the ramp without running off the sides, but we were supposed to meet our daughter for lunch so we left.

2. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

Goodness Gracious!

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

This is exactly the type of behavior I am seeing….you do you…ugh

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I'd really like to think that it's because they ARE new and just don't know better. But I'm older now and can sometimes tend towards being... a crank.

Warren Mary Ellen and Cary Winch like this.
  5. I think the second one saw herself as privileged which was why I backed my truck down the ramp. Don’t care if I inconvenience someone like that. Thirty years as an educator, I can get pretty cranky myself if needed.

abccampinn and Ken & Peggy like this.