Sirius Satellite Radio and Antenna installed in CI

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Trippster, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Has anyone tried the above? What antenna did you get, where did you hookup? Does the current tV/DVD/CD player have any expandability to hookup satellite radio or anything?
    Thanks all.
    Ken in Louisville

2. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Novice

Yes....fail. Sat radio sucks in the woods.

3. Deb

Deb Novice

We have a small boombox style Sirius/xm satellite radio rig. It runs on AC or DC. The antenna is small, a little smaller than a computer mouse, and pops off the back if you would want to move it for better reception. We've always gotten great reception, no matter where we've gone. One of favorite things is enjoying The Grand Ole Opry on Saturday nights by the fire.

4. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

KENandCATHY

I had an antenna from an XM Radio car kit installed when our trailer was being built. Cary had the antenna mounted to the top of the air unit grill. They routed the wire inside to one of the storage areas where I had them install extra electrics. We have used the radio all over the country to listen to the Red Soxs. So I know it can work, also with a second car kit we move it into the tow vehicle and listen when driving as well.

5. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

My trailer is not in production yet however, I think I will have an antenna installed. I plan on having a am/fm car stereo head unit installed during construnction and have been considering the Sirius M Lynx for Satellite radio. This could be added at any time as it would just plug into your car stereo.

I can not seem to find a good head unit that has am/fx amd satellite radio.

I don't understand why satellite radio would be hard to reach while camping. As long as you have a clear view of the sky, should be much better and am/fm. Dave

6. Deb

Deb Novice

We have an XM satellite portable radio (think hip looking boom box). We take it with us on every trip, always get good reception. On Saturday nights we're especially fond of listening to the Grand Ole Opry by the fire.