Side Entrance Tent

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Jay & Valerie, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

I love the engineer in you Cary now are you the Russian with the pencil in space or the American with a ten billion dollar pen?

RollingRob likes this.
  2. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

It is all about flat plate aerodynamics. The flat strap will twist into the wind which will make it a into a wing profile (in reference to the wind direction) and then it will lift more until it twists so much much it stalls and falls back down to start over again.

I can't take credit for this one. A truck driver buddy of mine taught me this. When you are going down the highway and you see flatbed trucks with their straps drumming in the wind it is because the driver ran the straps flat. When you see one that is not drumming it is not because that driver got it that much tighter it is because that driver put one twist in the strap.

Cary

RollingRob likes this.
  3. Rick  Sarah

Rick Sarah Novice

And people wonder why we chose this particular teardrop/raindrop. I don't know of any other company where they keep in touch with their customers, let alone having such a wonderfully built camper. Thank you all so much for all you do at Camp-Inn. Still on cloud 9 with our 560.

RollingRob likes this.
  4. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

You are absolutely right. No one keeps in touch like the boys at CampInn. Honestly, they're like the old time family doctors who used to make house calls (I remember Dr, Teeter coming to the house when I was a small child and yes, I'm that old). What is even more astounding is, with all their success, they continue to improve on a wonderful product - and I'm not talking just some superficial style change, but real, useful ideas.

Gotta love 'em.

Camp on,

Sue

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Always wondered how to stop that slapping when we tied things to the top of our car!! Thanks for this wonderfully simple solution!