Storage Shelf Dimensions????

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Doug & Amber, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

We are still in our planning stage but need help with some 560 Ultra dimensions. Does anyone know the dimensions of the two shelves inside the galley? Specifically, I'm interested in the one above the utensil draw and the other above the right side cabinet door. Additionally, what are the dimensions of the fold out table and cooler table?

Much thanks!

2. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

I have a 550, not a 560; but the galley area is essentially the same I believe (unless there have been significant changes in the last few years, which is possible).

Keeping in mind that there might be tolerances and slight differences from one to another, here are the dimension on mine:

Galley Left Shelf, above the utility drawer:
    18 1/2" width (side to side)
    15 1/8" depth (back to front)
    4.5" tall at the front, and of course angles to the back; at the back about 9.5 - perhaps 10" tall; it's taller of course; but the hatch needs to come down. I have comfortably stored a 10" French press at the back of the top left shelf (I've switched that for an Aeropress, much more compact, but let's not digress...)

Galley Right side shelf:
    12 3/4" width (side to side)
    15 1/8" depth (back to front)
    2.5" at the front, and angles to the back of the same 9.5-10" tall usable height.

Side table (generally used for a cooler):
    23.5" by 14.5", with rounded corners

Folding table that goes in front of the sink (or to the left of the sink, if you have the extension arm--which I love by the way):
    31.5" by 45.5" open. When folded, 31.5" by 11 3/4" Keep in mind that also isn't rectangular; at about 21" from the flat part that goes against the trailer, it starts it's curve to the apex.

Let me know if you want other dimensions! I have some already, and if you need something I haven't measured (excluding 560 specific things) the 550 is right in the garage, winterized. I'll use any excuse to open it up and visit it in the middle of winter. :)

3. Doug & Amber

LOL, thank you very much Sherry. If I had a CI in my garage, I'd prolly sleep in it most nights. Can't wait to get ours. You have been super helpful and we appreciate you taking the time to help.

Happy New Year!

4. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Our CI lives in our garage when it is not out on adventures; and between the 6 of us, we do "garage Camp-Inn" a lot of nights. Our 11 year old asks to sleep out there all the time! :)

5. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

We Garage camp from time to time as well. It is quite fun.

Doug, I am still trying to find some time to head down towards Houston so you can see ours in person. Just a crazy travel schedule right now.

I have at least 6 trips waiting for me starting this Sunday. I have to crisscross the US 3 or so times all between now and mid Feb. at which point I may start some international trips again.

So, at some point I will try to work a trip into Sam Houston...I want to check it out for riding my dirtbike.

6. Doug & Amber

Jay,
    No worries, I have to travel quite a bit for my work as well. Just let me know and I will join you in Sam Houston Forest on my DRZ 400. Happy New Year.