Announcement Serenity Is On The Road!!!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Sweeney, Nov 14, 2021.

1. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

We have a Yamaha 2000 watt gen for camping when we know we won't have hookups, and think we may want to run the AC or heater. One reason we went with Yamaha over Honda was the claim that their cylinders were steel lined vs aluminum so would theoretically significantly outlast the Honda. Now knowing how many times and hours we have actually used the Gen. I seriously doubt that this will ever be a factor in our lifetime.

2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I put an hour meter on all my equipment -- I know exactly how much they've ran ... which is remarkably little. The power at my home is stable --- and I've only had about 5 outages in the past 2-3 years....and only 2 of them were significant. A combine ripped the powerlines out and another time a pole fell over after severe rain and winds....

Indiana is devoid of disbursed camping ....so I don't have too much of an opportunity/need, but I was able to keep my neighbors exygen concentrator running on those occasions...and I'd like to keep him around a while :)

campdude likes this.