Rt 66 Road Trip

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Craig, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Thanks Terry and Marcy!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Indiana has its share .... paint ball, "Old Ben" in Kokomo (world largest steer) which isn't far from Megatron (Peru, IN - Megatron Statue)

We used to have the worlds largest egg, in Mentone. But some one else claims that now. Thiers doesn't look as nice...

OH!!! Hey!!

The World's Largest Peanut, which was destroyed by a hurricane some time ago, it looks like it's back up! We saw it last time we drove to Florida. I was going to mention it then, but forgot. I am a bit surprised that some of the professional sight-see'ers haven't stopped back at it yet. Jacob the Carpetbagger is usually pretty good about such things :)

BTW --- croks...suck except as shower/camp shoes.

Kevin likes this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Scrolling youtube over coffee; this popped up:

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I think we must have a remarkably similar suggestion list --- I got this too :D I hope to find time to watch some of these recommended and get caught up with some 'old friends' channels.

Kevin likes this.
  5. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

New Thought they were pretty strange when I first saw them, but after years of suffering on & off plantar fasciitis, and having others tell me how comfortable the were, I gave them a try about 15 years ago, and it's pretty much all I wear anymore, and after a few weeks, no more plantar fasciitis. At this point in life, I really couldn't care less about what others think of them, as long as they are comfortable for me, that's what counts.
    Pros:Light weight, great cushioning, lots of different styles/colors, relatively inexpensive. Cons: Not great for wet slippery surfaces, tend to catch your toe when first getting use to wearing them, soles wear down rather quickly, not recyclable. YMMV.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    Kevin likes this.
  6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

LOL — I sense a theme! The first time I saw them was in 2012 or so when we were making Kettle Corn at our concession booth. We saw them all over the place; usually warning my overweight 'crafty' people, who bought our kettle corn like it was going out of style. We laughed at how ridiculous they looked, and I SWORE I'd never buy such silly things. I still wouldn't wear hot pink, or neon green. But black is fine.

The ones I bought are size 14, what I normally wear -- and they are just a little too big. I think I'll try a size 13 and I'll probably have much better fit. For campground shoes, they are awesome!

in the shower, they slip on/off easily, and dry off quickly eliminating the need for a shower shoe. Shower - they dry off quickly. Around the camper, they slip on an off effortlessly, so I bring a lot less schmutz into the trailer. With a teardrop that is a big deal.

My only real 'complaint' is that they are 'slippery' when they are wet --- By that I mean that my food slips inside the shoe itself, which likely will be better with a smaller shoe.

From a wear perspective, I haven't done as much walking as I do wearing regular shoes, but this pair has lasted me since July 2022. Thats pretty good for $40 shoe. My daily driver shoes are supposedly "restaurant shoes" and they've only lasted about 6 months before I am thinking about replacing them.

Also...they've gone up $3 since then --- in today's world, that's like a cash discount! So...black or grey...hmmm.

Kevin and dustinp like this.