Replacement battery - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by martha, Mar 26, 2011.

1. jpbrew

jpbrew Novice

Honestly, unless you plan to leave your unit in storage for a prolonged period of time, say 5 months or more, don't worry about it too much. Granted you want to charge the battery once you pull it from storage. If you plan to use your camper every few months, just get it home a day before you go and charge the battery. If you leave it for 5 months or more, you always have the option to pull the battery and bring it home with you. Otherwise, if going straight to the campground, get a spot with electricity and charge your battery at that time. I keep a tender on my motorcycle battery so I can start it right away after leaving it for the winter.

Just my opinion.

Tim

2. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

The battery will start discharging at about 1 month. At 2 months it will start discharging more rapidly. Over 4 months and you have damaged the battery. Don't let it go that long. Our recommendation is 1-2 months between charges if you do not have a way to plug in the camper during storage. Or do like Tim suggested and pull the battery and put it on a stand along tender back at home.

Cary