Furnace Poll: Furnace Or Not???

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Evan, Sep 1, 2010.

?

Propane furnace????

1. Yes! The furnace is a lifesaver in cold weather

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. No - just buy a cheap space heater

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. No - only camp in warm weather

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Not sure...

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  1. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

No disrespect taken Bear I am a strong believer though that whatever you do you should always have handy the alternative options. For instance don't go camping in a cold climates without taking extra bedding. If you are going on a four day hike take enough food for five days.
    It is not always possible to cover all of the basis but basic food heat and water as well as shelter are the essential elements of survival and comfort and it is always disappointing to cut a trip short because you relied on something to work and it did not.

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  3. Theresa

Theresa Novice

Editorial, color commentary, not meant to offend those not from the South:

I come from a long line of Southerners. I grew up on the family homestead, which has been in my family longer than America has been America, and hot humid weather is bred in our bones. If you look at the old houses on our land, you'll see that they all have more porches than bathrooms -- and I have many memories of sitting out on the porches in the evenings shelling bushels of beans to be canned. My "heavy coat" is a Land's End squall jacket -- what y'all up North probably wear to the first football game in August/September. I own 12 or 14 pairs of shorts, but only two pair of jeans. Last week (late February) I wore short sleeves /no jacket to work twice -- it was chilly going out the door in the morning, but wonderful in the afternoon.

And we like it this way! So you'll have to excuse that I shake my head a little and wonder WHY y'all'd camp in the snow. I'd rather be inside snuggled up to my hubby with a roaring fire and a pot of chili cooking.

I don't get the idea of a furnace on a camper. It's on wheels! Drive it to warmer weather!