Paper Towel Holder

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Evan, Apr 24, 2010.

1. wonko

wonko Novice

Re: over-charged me for shipping!

Thanks for the heads up... I had ordered one from them on Sunday as well.

I logged into their site and their order records showed a charge of $12.46 for shipping giving me a total of $26.46 to my Visa card.

I couldn't find a phone number for them, so I emailed them. However, I also called my credit card company to file a dispute. The interesting thing is, my credit card company only shows a charge of $17 to my Visa on Sunday, so I did not file any dispute as they appear to have correctly charged my card $17 even though their order details show a different number.

How confusing. We'll see how they answer their email.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Lyle,
    After reading your post, I checked my Visa card site and it also shows only $17, BUT it shows as a pending transaction, which can change.
    I will keep an eye on it and post any interesting developments here, too.

3. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

We contacted the guy that Betsey provided the link for, that makes the nice wooden inlay paper towel weights. We wanted a customized one, with our name on the back, but he said he was swamped right now, and couldn't accommodate us at this time. So, I went and enlarged a drawing from page 31 of the Camp-Inn owners manual, which Jim used as a template on a piece of cherry. Then I traced the details on it, which I'll admit, don't look great. Still needs stain, and our name on the back. It's not nearly as pretty as the one Betsey showed, but it will do in a pinch, and it DOES work. If we can find a better way of drawing on the details, we'll try again. Oh, it's nice to have a retired husband!!!

[​IMG]

4. Ken & Peggy

Update: Re: over-charged me for shipping

The charge for the order changed from 'pending' to 'posted' on the credit card site and it stayed @ $17, so it appears they won't charge that extra. I have not received any emails from them yet letting me know it's been shipped. Hopefully this will end up fine, but why their numbers changed for shipping is a mystery.

5. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

Update: Re: over-charged me for shipping

Love the towel weight!! Are you taking orders???
    Well actually , since we inherited my father in-laws scroll saw, I should try to make my own. Lets see if I can find the saws manual and figure this out...Tim is out of town for a few days, so any wounds should heal : )
    Eileen

6. Ken & Peggy

Re: Update: Re: over-charged me for shipping

Eileen, very cool picture! Is that an ornament?

7. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

Its a salt and pepper set I was given as a gift! Our tow is a blue Subaru, so its a perfect match for us!
    Eileen

8. Ken & Peggy

Wow, couldn't get any better than that!

9. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

Scroll saw blade broke, no blood on the trailer (its also in the garage).

Plan B - a felt Teardrop with fishing weights in it!
    E.

10. wonko

wonko Novice

I just received mine today.... now all I need is a Camp-Inn to put it in.

11. Ken & Peggy

Paper Towel Holder order cacelled by shipper...

I just got an email from theoverstockedkitchen.com that says:

'We're writing to inform you that the shipping carrier has returned your April 25th order back to our warehouse as it was regrettably damaged during transit.

Unfortunately we are also unable to process fulfillment of your orders as the following inventory is no longer available'

Well, FedEx never showed that they had the order in the first place, but, whatever. I will try to find the item somewhere else on the net.

12. Pick

Pick Novice

We have the Hi-Low mirror and use a short bungee cord through the paper towel roll and onto the mirror. Wind proof and easy on easy off. Works great.