Omnia Oven

Discussion in 'Camp Cooking & Dutch Ovens' started by Randy, May 11, 2021.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Anyone use the Omnia? So far I’ve made calzones, lasagna, cinnamon roles and cherry cobbler and they all came out great. Kind of spendy but lots of fun. There is a great Omnia Facebook group where everyone trades tips and recipes and lots of YouTube videos as well. I added a thermometer to the lid. Low and slow is best.

Omnia Stove Top Oven Exclusive Starter Kit

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Steve and Karen likes this.
  2. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

What thermometer did you use?

3. Randy

Van_and_Terri likes this.
  4. tjcrebs

tjcrebs Novice Donating Member

5. tjcrebs

tjcrebs Novice Donating Member

6. Randy

7. I was reviewing our current road-baking options which include this backpacking oven:

Ultralight Outback Oven Review | Trail Recipes

... our Dutch Oven and this handy highly-packable Swedish campfire reflector oven:

Reflector Oven Handmade in Sweden which has made some tasty cinnamon buns by the fire.

Although the latter one provides the advantage of being able to visually monitor your product as it is baking, none of these is particularly easy (or even possible) to use with the galley or without a fire. I came across the Omni by chance online and then found Randy's post from several years ago; I thought it worth resurrecting. I see that the Omni has the benefit of being able to test recipes (and skills) at home before taking them on the road. And it looks like it can distribute heat far better and more evenly than my outback oven.

Do those who have it consider the full kit (i.e. the silicone rings and raised grill) a must-have, or do you use just the basic 3-pc oven more often than not? The accessories pretty much double the cost.