New (to Us) Teardrop In Warm, Sunny Florida

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Gypsy, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Gypsy

Gypsy Junior Ranger Donating Member

Greetings!

Just brought home our as yet unnamed Camp-Inn. I believe she was owned by Floridians 1door before the owners from Illinois had her. Thrilled, to say the least!

Been looking online for several months trying to learn all I can. As luck would have it, a simple 2012 went up for sale.... Just what I was looking for. I was the first of many callers and after speaking with the previous owner and Cary I hopped in my car solo and drove over 1,000 miles with high hopes that she was as advertised. Two days of driving was not for naught as I purchased her. (I say " I " but my husband was working and could not get away on the spur of the moment. This whole thing is my idea but he is fully onboard and encouraged me from the get-go.). The following four days were the first of what is to be many adventures. I traveled the back roads through Illinois, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida to bring her home. I consider her a land version of my previous sailboat and can't wait for the next adventure.

Anyone wanting local knowledge of the central Florida Gulf Coast? Be glad to fill you in on the REAL Florida. My husband, Marv, and I are native Floridians and my rewired occupation involves environmental education as a Florida Master Naturalist.

See you out there! Already reserved Tomoka in February and Fort Desoto and only been home 36 hours.:)

Leah
    (Perhaps Gypsy Wind for a name combining land and sailing)

2. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the Camp-Inn family.

3. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

The first weekend in February is a big Teardrop Rally at Tomoka State Park. Last year was really fun!

4. Gypsy

Thanks!
    Just reserved site 56.

Leah
    Lux esto. Be the light.

5. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

always great to have a naturalist in the CampInn family!!

6. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We have reserved Site 5 and Christy has reserved Site 3 for her Raindrop. Should be fun. Saturday night is a Pot Luck Dinner and Bingo. The Tearjerker group are friendly and enjoy themselves.

7. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the family! You're going to have a blast!

8. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Welcome to the gang! Sounds like your purchase/maiden voyage trip was a great introduction to the many adventures that lie ahead with your "new to you" Camp-Inn. Enjoy! Oh....and I like Gypsy Wind!
    Casandra

9. Sea Cruise

Sea Cruise Newbie

Howdy! Will see you then in February at Tomoka. I'm Christy. Will be in site 3. Love the name Gypsy or Gypsy Wind. My Raindrop is La Gitanita ( little gypsy or gypsy girl).

10. Gypsy

Looking forward to meeting folks at Tomoka and beyond.
    We spent Christmas at Koreshan State Park. Working on a little trip report.

11. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We have always wanted to stay at Koteshan, but it's always booked when we try to do so. We hear it's really interesting.

12. Congratulations!

13. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Congrats and welcome