New Owner From Central Illinois

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Kevin Ensign, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Kevin Ensign

Kevin Ensign Newbie

Just wanted to show my appreciation and thank the members along with the Camp Inn Family. We recently purchased #1044 from Roger & Catherine. They were great to work with and very helpful.

Our journey and knowledge of teardrops started a few yrs back while taking a very unplanned trip around Lake Michigan. I'm normally a detailed and obsessive planner down to what and where to eat. This trip taught me it's ok to not schedule and saw my first teardrop. Couldn't tell you make just that I became intrigued. After that vacation I just went down a rabbit hole became obsessed with the NuCanp TAG and looking at every make model I could get my hands on. To make this story short I was in WI on a business trip and decided to swing by Camp Inn. That changed my perspective and outlook. Working in a custom mfg plant and part of our Quality department I appreciate the dedication and love they put into there product not to mention customer service.

So now the next journey begins. Getting to know this piece of art and trip planning; I've got more trips planned in my head so that's easy. Trying to read through the forum threads every day to educate myself.

Looking forward to learning and hopefully meeting others soon.

Regards,
    Kevin

2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Welcome to the family.

Kevin S likes this.
  3. Welcome! We’ve found the app Roadtrippers helpful for mapping out multi destination trips.

Enjoy exploring!

Kevin S and Kevin Ensign like this.
  4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

So happy to have you here! I'm a planner too by nature. I used to start planning my departure to return home, when I was leaving home to go to a camp. Teardrop camping is definitely something that will enforce and stress adaptive thinking.

You're not too far from Indiana -- our Hoosier tearjerker chapter has a gathering at Turkey Run (just north of Terre Haute Indiana) on the weekend of August 24'th --- grab a spot! If you can't swing by anyway. Our pot-lucks are usually pretty good :)

5. Kevin Ensign

Kevin Ensign Newbie

Looks close enough we may be able to add that too our list, thanks for sharing!. I'm checking it out now. Kevin

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Look at tearjerkers.org -- every state (or the cool ones anyway) each have a chapter that usually organizes several campouts a year. Some chapters will span multiple states based on need. Facebook has some groups as well, but the best and most up-to-date is the tearjerkers.org website, which remains the unofficial official place for announcements.

Tearjerkin' is a completely different lifestyle. Personally, I love it and hope you do as much as I do. It's slower and far more agile than big-rig camping. Hooking up and taking off is trivial, not like moving a small house. The hardest part is filling the fresh tank, and that takes minutes.

I didn't know I was camping until 10:00 this morning when I got the itch :D

Kevin S and Van_and_Terri like this.